kill switch problems? No start condition

Today i picked up a 6.5 "Blue Max" clone motor. I got it to start once and run for a little bit. I saw some wires running running around the bike to a switch on the handle bars but when i tried to move them they broke off. The wires ran to the engine on/off switch. Now i cant start this thing at all...:shrug: should it start with no wires running to the switch? i see 2 wires wrapped together going what looks like into the motor somewhere but dont know what they do and if i need them. Here is a picture of the setup i have

in the picture they connect the one wire from the switch to the thick black one, but the thick black wire on my engine is made up of two thing wires wrapped together. Should i just try to connect both of them to the thin one or what? ehh i just want it to run. any help here would be great

Your description of what is going on does not make sense you say you just bought the motor and it had wires running to to the handlebars-not possible, the engine only has one kill switch at the engine ,so you had to have hooked up the wires yourself to the handlebar switch yourself and then broke them,so you have the igntion coil grounded ,shutting off the motor,so your non running engine is self inflicted:doah:,you need to remove the handle bar wires and just use the engine switch. the wires at the engine you refer to are for ground and kill wire to to the coil and low oil shut-off if the engine has a low oil shut-off sensor.:001_tt2: