Kill Switch single wire?

Ok, so I have another dumb question. But thank God you guys are tolerant. I was going to wire up a new motor with the standard two wire toggle switch, but want to instead use the little single wire push button switch you can buy from Northern. So my question is this....if the Northern push button switch has the one wire, and I have the standard two wires coming off the clone, how do i run the single wire in conjunction with the two wires?

Open up the little black plastic case on the front of the motor where all the wires plug together.

Unplug the yellow wire that comes out of the block from the low oil sensor, the wire comes out of the block under the plastic case with the wires (you don't use it on a mini) plug your single wire from your kill switch into the black wire that has the braided sleeve on it that the yellow wire came out of.

The black wire comes from your ign. so when you hold the button down it will ground out your ign. Just like the low oil sensor would with no oil.

Then you don't have to touch the factory switch and you have normal kill switch plus a "panic button".

The pic you have looks like the low oil sensor wire leave that unplugged and install your wire where that one came from.

Last edited: