Land Closure

Maybe I should have put this in the "Off Topic" forum, but it's really important and I thought more people would see it here.

A lot of us minibikers ride 'em off road and also ride dirt bikes. The US Senate is on the verge of passing legislation to lock us out of about a million acres of public land that is currently open to motorized use.

Read about it here:

Senate Poised To Ban Dirt Bikes From More Than A Million Acres Of Prime Riding Land News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

And then go here to contact your elected officials and express your opposition:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

Thanks!

it has already happened in canada .the problem is the 4 wheelers people go in the back country for the weekend rip up the terain ,massive tire ruts in bogs ,camp back there all weekend ,and leave a big garbage mess .i have seen it because i hunt and have been back there,one bad apple has that rippling effect ,:doah:

...it has already happened in canada. the problem is...
Yeah, I have nothing against the 4-wheelers, but they really seem to have changed everything. I think they outsell 2-wheelers by a big margin. Dirt bikers sort of rode under the radar in a lot of ways until ATVs came along.

The AMA link is a snap to use, and you don't have to be a member. just put in your zip code and e-mail connections to your elected officials will pop right up, along with a well written message for you to send. It takes about a minute. I'm asking everyone to please help if you can.

Thanks!

Alright, I'd like to comment on this. First there are two huge parks for riding that are State and Federal Parks. One is Perry State Park and the other is Wayne National Forest. These are just miles from Pickerington which is not a State or Federally funded park from what I can tell. I pay for a State sticker on all my atv's which funds the State parks for maintenence which includes grooming to control erosion of the trails that are clearly marked for riding atv's so you might ride on certain trails one year and not the same ones the next trip due to repairs. In the Federal parks you pay for riding permits by the day that funds all the needed repairs and Park Rangers salaries to make sure there isn't some idiots destroying the landscape and polluting the land with their garbage because they're lazy bastards that don't care about their own backyards let alone someone elses. If those wet lands and wildlife reserves are not set aside they won't be there in the future. So pay for the stickers and permits and ride in parks that are designed and maintained by park rangers to keep order and report terrain erosion so it can be repaired before it has a enviromental impact on the forestry. The land that is mentioned in that article is not designed or set aside for atv riding and that is what is happening to it so there is no park rangers or funds for the repairs and conservation of the land and the well-being of the wildlife for hunters. So the people that own these lands sell it to the State and Federal Forestries so it can be added, protected and maintained for the future. Thanks