largest #35 sprocket for TAV2?

I've got several minis with small tires and things are geared way too low - more like a tractor or tiller than a minibike. I can't go smaller on the rear wheel sprocket. What is the largest stock #35 sprocket to fit a TAV2 without modification and where might it be purchased? Another thing, from sitting out under tarps my minis have a lot of corrosion on the engine blocks - what solution will clean that situation?

I'm currently at 10 #35 teeth on the TAV sprocket -it seems Comet only goes to 12T - that's better than nothing but still in the wall climbing gearing range with a small rear wheel - 14-15T would be a big help but not sure if such a sprocket exists which would fit without machining off a chunk of hub.
-- I tried to clean up the Comet TAV's pulleys with Brillo pads - there's some residual roughness - will that eat the belt much?

the other unhappy stuff is funky white oxidation on the engine block and mag wheels - is there anything cheap and safe to cut that mess?

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

one tooth increase in the front means a hell of a lot more than one or two tooth decrease in the rear
if you find a 11 or 12t for the front try it and you will see

thanks - those extra two teeth would help - looks like I've got 10T on the TAV, around 60 on the rear wheel whose tire diameter is around 12" - my fixed speed Yerf has a lot better pickup

what cheap and cheerful stuff will cut the funky white motor corrosion?