Lesson learned

So I am new to mini bikes I get it I don't know how certain things go and the best way to do things..... Yet.

So I have an engine and a brand new clutch. I know how it goes on but this guy at a small engine shop tells me to lock tite the set screws and the key. So I did. Well today I needed to take the clutch off to flip it around to fit another frame.

3 hours later and $84 in the swear jar and a neighbor looking at my strangely and asking what are you doing and are you ok the clutch is off

That guy can suck my butt I'll never take advice from him again

Bad time to tell you, but if you warm up the loctite it will melt and come off.

All part of the learning curve.

At least you have an 84 dollar swear jar now.

which color loctite did you use? All but the red loctite can be melted off. To keep bolts form vibrating loose I just use a couple lock washers and if needed wrap it in Teflon tape.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk

toomanytoys

My dad put loctite on the jackshaft collars on the hill topper. Well I wanted to pull it apart to work on the brake and I had one hell of a time getting it apart. Not only the set screw but the collar.

I feel your pain!

I was going to say the same thing. I use loctite on the set screw of my jackshaft. However, I use the Blue and not the Red. If the screw comes out at speed your in trouble and that is why I use it. I never had your problem getting the screw out with Blue Loctite. So, that guy may have been correct?

TT

I was going to say the same thing. I use loctite on the set screw of my jackshaft. However, I use the Blue and not the Red. If the screw comes out at speed your in trouble and that is why I use it. I never had your problem getting the screw out with Blue Loctite. So, that guy may have been correct?

TT
Most important thing I thinkis that things are assembled clean and dry.
Never sieze always seems to make things fall apart.

But cleans and dry will hold.

OK so things might rust a bit, but thats a lot better than shaking loose.

Red. I used heat and pulled and pulled then sprayed with kroil and more heat. He told me red and luckily I didn't coat the shaft or it wouldn't have come off