Lets play a game,,,

I'm looking at a mini bike tonight and all I have is a phone discription by the owner.

Lets guess what it is. :thumbsup:

It's a small mini
Red Paint (looks original)
Has Jack shaft
Band brake on J shaft
Small black Plastic tank
seat flairs up in back and is black with white sides.
No shocks :thumbsup:
Handle bars lean toward you.
Chain gaurd says "comet"
5 or 6" wheels (solid and maybe two piece)
Sprocket not welded on
had plastic headlight and a tail light (not sure if original)
5HP Tecumseh (not original)

Price $100

What the hell is it? :confused:

BTW, I looked at a tule trooper today for $200!!!!!!!! but it was so hacked with welder add ons , I painfully had to decline. :sadcrying4:

Maybe they made alot of models. I'd trade two of mine for a Comette III. It may have a 2 speed and a band brake on the jackshaft. Your old Sears Christmas tree probably did. The one I got a while back does. The band brake is only about 3" though.

Well,,, the phone description wasn't anything like the bike I went and saw. :doah:

Maybe it was the o'l bait a switch?

Very dissapointing.

Oh well,,,,,,

:xmas-smiley-016:

Yeah, the Glenco, is the closest thing I've found, I think the flat bar on the handle might be a squeeze throttle. Why do I always get the weird ones that there are no pic's of? :doah:

The guy who owns that Glenco bike swears he has a pic of my other mystery bike (bird?) to a tee but wouldn't reply to me. :thumbdown::eek:ut:

The handle bars don't feel as weird as I thought they would but I won't know untill I change the chain and drive it. The jack shaft has two sprockets on the drive side so I'm guessing it might be a two speed. The bike was well kept indoors until this guy got it but theres not much rust at all and the fenders are solid. all the wiring is there and the headlight is good but the mount strap is broken. It's really a cool bike.

Closest thing you've found? It's a dead ringer. Most companies that were building bikes back then made changes along the way.

Just like your blue bike that looks to be a Sensation....The axle tabs are the giveaway. I'd be more willing to bet that they changed a few dimensions along the way or had a difference in models, than to think that another company used the same axle tab design, and only built one.

I know for a fact that Sensation's Chopper brochure is quite different than the production bikes in the seat and sissybar area. Look at my 2 that came from opposite parts of the country, and then look at the brochure pics. I have seen others with the same sissy bar as my 2.

I need to take a better look at it in the morning, the bar under the handle looks like a throttle cable stop :eek:ut: and I doubt it's stock, the seat ain't stock and it looks REALLY cool without it and needs a smal seat (you'll see when I post a pic.) But the tank has the propper mounts with the same style welds (melted looking welds) When did they start making those tanks? I have a bird and manco with that tank. The bike would look WAY BETTER with dual cylinder tanks. :thumbsup: Something has to cover the bars that meet at the top of the frame (two an one with open ends)

Last edited: