Lil Indian 2 piece frame (1990's to present) decals/manufacture dates

What years did they use the blue/white "Lansing"decal on the 2 piece frames? The Allied Leisure site says the silver decal has been used since 1996, and previous to that was white with red.
I've only seen the blue on white "Lansing" decal on 2 piece frames with solid foot pegs. When did they start using the folding foot pegs? Is there any ways to date the 2 piece (non vintage:smile:) frames?

image.jpeg

Do you have any more pictures of your bike? There appears to be a decal on the motor plate and would like to see that. There are a few of those posted on here with that decal.

As for dating the 2-piece framed LiL Indians, I haven't much of a clue other than the solid pegs are earlier than the folding pegs. I have a 90's catalog somewhere that shows the folding pegs version but that wouldn't help you much. Some of the two piece bikes had etched information on the motor plate but I'm guessing that decal indicates this to be a kit bike and I'm not sure it'd have the etched information with that.

This is the bike I just picked got. It needs some work,but it's fun
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Those aren't the plastic fenders from Allied Leisure, someone made these out of aluminum. Homemade.
Homemade seat also

Last edited:
LiL Indian 2 pc.

What years did they use the blue/white "Lansing"decal on the 2 piece frames? The Allied Leisure site says the silver decal has been used since 1996, and previous to that was white with red.
I've only seen the blue on white "Lansing" decal on 2 piece frames with solid foot pegs. When did they start using the folding foot pegs? Is there any ways to date the 2 piece (non vintage:smile:) frames?

View attachment 85454
I believe the later LiL Indian frames were a carryover from the Mini Mate frames and the folding pegs came in around 1995...