Lil Indian 6000 For Sale...

Coop

For Sale: Lil Indian 6000..... Sandblasted and painted frame, correct wheels, new tires and tubes, low time 5hp Briggs, new Comet 2 speed clutch set-up, new chain, Bike has not been finished, still needs seat recovered, throttle and brakes hooked up. Selling due to other interest. $550.00 or B/O

Coop

mybiz

How do you like the 2 speed setup? in my 40+ years i dont remember riding any mini's with that setup bidding on 1 right now:thumbsup:

Coop

No, thats the other interest. It is a Meyers Manx buggy, powered by a 356 Porsche engine. I've promiced myself I'm going to have it into a rolling chassis by summers end, then rebuild the engine over the winter. To many projects, not enough time....

Coop

I'm not sure, but I think the Sabre was a single speed, the 6000 had the 2 speed jackshaft set-up...Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong...

Coop

No, it is a 6000, says so on the original chain guard. It has the 2 speed clutch, as I understand it, the Sabre was not a 2 speed.

Coop

You're right, that bike is in fact a 6000, it belonged to a friend of mine, Doug Anderson. He lives just around the corner from me, I know that bike well. Those handelbars were custom built by Doug, as was the rest of the bike. He put a torque converter drive on it, the paint on that frame is ceramic power coating, the whole bike is custom. Sorry, just because you don't think my bike is a 6000, and it doesn't look like what you think a 6000 looks like, doesn't mean it isn't a 6000. Do some more research, you might be suprised at what you learn.....

Coop

COOP- looking for a good set of chrome saber handle bars? Let me know if you have an extra set. I have a 71 Saber project going on and yours although couldnt tell from the pix should have two disk brakes- front, rear. I think yours was designed to be the ultimate trail blazer. Yours is either a 70 or 72 if that helps. Good luck on your sale. My saber is built very well- just my HB's are a little woobley (worn) on the top of the fork mts due to the fold down feature. Bill1