Lil Indian Project

Hello All,

I am now in possession of a new project and have some questions.

It's a 1970 Lil Indian 5000 series

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/vbrides.php?do=viewride&rideid=626

She is missing the Rear brake caliper, rear fender and hoop and i need to replace the knobs for the fold down handlebars.

My biggest concern is the caliper. Is the Allied Leisure H and H caliper a usable fit?

https://www.alliedleisurecorp.com/D...4&browse=-45496&shopBy=-12310&catalogId=-3369

Can anyone tell me what the dimensions of the correct fender would be?

Is there a source for the knobs? (i have looked online without a match 3/8"-24)

Hello Markus,

Can you tell me the manufacturer / part number of the caliper? Do you know of one that’s available? Has anyone refitted a modern one successfully?

Last edited:

markus

Hello Markus,

Can you tell me the manufacturer / part number of the caliper? Do you know of one that’s available? Has anyone refitted a modern one successfully?
all I have for them is the lil indian part number for the complete unit which in the 1969 parts catalog was C-579-8. I think it was made by kelsey hayes but not sure their designation for it or its other uses. I have only ever seen it used on Lil indian mid 1967-72 style frames, some of the Speedway bikes, and some of the "Bozo" Mark series bikes.

I have never seen any other off the shelf caliper that bolts on, seen a custom made one that pops up every once in awhile on ebay, but for the money its usually listed for, you would be better off buying a good used one for the same or a little more in the long run.

Marcus,

Do you know of one for sale?

all I have for them is the lil indian part number for the complete unit which in the 1969 parts catalog was C-579-8. I think it was made by kelsey hayes but not sure their designation for it or its other uses. I have only ever seen it used on Lil indian mid 1967-72 style frames, some of the Speedway bikes, and some of the "Bozo" Mark series bikes.

I have never seen any other off the shelf caliper that bolts on, seen a custom made one that pops up every once in awhile on ebay, but for the money its usually listed for, you would be better off buying a good used one for the same or a little more in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus

Marcus,

Do you know of one for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should have one ready and listed on ebay by the end of next week when I get into some stored boxes, its the last one of those I have. The one pictured above I sold like a month or so ago.