Lil Indian update

Well, Got a little farther on the bike build. Here is what I started with. Swingarm and front suspension froze SOLID - front bushings were dust, one handle bar MIA - POS for sure but it was free.

Here are a few current pics. All new bearings, New jackshaft, new sprockets, chain, tires, tubes, 3.5hp Honda, new comet clutch with band brake (works awesome) Trail 50 bars, thumb throttle, Schwinn brake lever, new neck bushings, freed up the swingarm and forks, refurbish the rear shocks, new cables. Seat is a temp for the test ride. Now I can blow it apart, finish blasting it and paint & re-assemble. My 10 year old son loves it, I clocked it at 21mph on the GPS with me on it. (200+) Still need to make a tail pipe, fix the foot pegs, add a kickstand and a couple cable clamps.

LK

Last edited:
Looks good.:thumbsup: Did you do anything to the wheels they look great.:thumbsup:
I got them from my wife's uncle, I wanted 6" & he had a set. I bead blasted them and they looked like new. I took the tires off and they were so full of dirt that the corrosion almost went through the aluminum in a couple of spots. (I painted the inside of them this time to hopefully prevent that)

Thanks for the compliments.

LK

WOW ... That bike is cool :thumbsup: ... Can't wait to see it in color ... Has he decided on the color yet ??
He wants a nice blue, I told him we should go red because the motor is red & he was OK with that. I am actually going to paint the recoil cover blue to match the bike and he will be suprised as he thought he was going to have to go with red. :thumbsup:

LK