Lithium Ion battery jump starters.... $9 at Walmart

Bikerscum

I wouldn't keep one in a car trunk. Looking at the reviews, this one is worth $9. They don't always catch on fire either. Sometimes they start a vehicle just fine. I'm sure Wal-mart lowered the price to $9 from $50 because they were looking out for the consumer.

I'm not one to freak on risk assessment. But:

For those who don't always think the Emperor's new clothes are neato-bandito, check out videos via Google on lithium-ion charger explosions, then consider driving around with that piece of gear in your trunk, a few inches above your fuel fill/tank.

This is great technology, and the apex of battery technology. We just haven't perfected production to the point that low-end costing carries the same quality control of Li-po's going into a Tesla.

Bikerscum

I wouldn't keep one in a car trunk. Looking at the reviews, this one is worth $9. They don't always catch on fire either. Sometimes they start a vehicle just fine. I'm sure Wal-mart lowered the price to $9 from $50 because they were looking out for the consumer.

I'm not one to freak on risk assessment. But:

For those who don't always think the Emperor's new clothes are neato-bandito, check out videos via Google on lithium-ion charger explosions, then consider driving around with that piece of gear in your trunk, a few inches above your fuel fill/tank.

This is great technology, and the apex of battery technology. We just haven't perfected production to the point that low-end costing carries the same quality control of Li-po's going into a Tesla.
I once topped off my gas tank in violation of federal law.

It's how I roll.