Little Petro Survivor

Jamie1972

From the research I've done, people I've talked too....
They where made from 62 to mid. 60's..
This Petro's still got the orig. plug wire dated 1966!
How cool is that!?
That would date it a 1966 bike.

Nice Little Petro. I just got one about a year ago. I plan to restore to original condition and keep for display. Anyone who sees it just loves it. The chain guard is broken and can hopefully be repaired. It has the cushioned seat which I was told makes it one of the bikes that was stolen from the factory over 50 years ago. The only part I need is the gas tank bracket. I doubt I'll be able to find one. Maybe I can have someone make one for me. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Jamie1972

Great to hear you have one of these little guys!
Post a picture in the "Official thread" with the others!

I may be able to help you out with a gas tank bracket

I'm working on the pics and I like the "official thread" you've started. If you can help me with the gas tank bracket that'd be "HUGE"!!! My Little Petro is actually in pretty good condition. The chrome still looks good, the frame is nice too but could use some tlc. The foot bars have some damage underneath from scraping during turns but not too bad. Not much info out there on these. Any info I get I'll post in the official thread. Did these bikes have a brake? I don't see any evidence of a brake on mine.

Jamie1972

Has anyone ever used a chemical to clean there Minibike parts, it works so good on that "1 inch square" area.......
That now your are COMMITTED till the end!!:doah: