looking 4 project

Hi-

A good place to start would be on e-bay. Do a search for mini-bike frame or any such variation and hopefully you will find something that you can purchase at a decent price and perhaps even close to where you live so as to avoid shipping costs. I have found lots of little diamonds in the rough on ebay; some are even pretty rare mini-bike models just waiting to be restored with a little TLC. As you and your brother probably have already discovered, half the fun is putting something together from scratch and finding the right part for your application. Also, do not over look Craigs List, your local flea markets, swap meets, and even garage sales. There are a lot of mini bikes waiting for someone like you and your brother to discover, purchase, and repair. Have Fun,

RacerX

i have started looking on e-bay nothing that close but i am tring to find other places to i will look on criegs list .com i hope thanks if u here let me know thanks

iam in westfield mass but i have found a a good mini 69 rupp roadster origianl looks good to play with . needs things but good sarthttp
a good project to get going on thanks i will be in touch rupp parts

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
That's a real nice minibike. I always wanted one with a light on it. And it's made like my buddies minibike.

Last edited:
Wow, Bern...
Nice find...that bikes in really good shape for an almost 40 year old mini. Are you going to restore it back to perfect original or just get it running good and ride it for fun?

Wow, Bern...
Nice find...that bikes in really good shape for an almost 40 year old mini. Are you going to restore it back to perfect original or just get it running good and ride it for fun?[/QUOTE i have just started looking 4 parts i got the mini last night it runs moves a little but somthing like this should deffenently have a nice original look again i have the mini that u helped me get going 4 fun

That's excellent...Brandt probably has tons of original parts for that bike, and I'll fabricate anything you need custom-made. I love the bike the way it is, but if you want to move your engine closer to the center of the frame, I'll make you a new jackshaft set-up. It'll improve the balance of the bike and make the right footpeg easier to use. We can also adjust the gear ratio at the same time if you want to make the bike faster or slower.
I'm glad you figured out how to post pics...maybe you'll show me...I can't figure it out. Will we be getting some progresss photos of your bikes as you fix them up?

Man, you weren't kidding...stripped to the frame already. Nice shop...fridge and everything...good choice of beverage there in the background...I like to keep it light when the power tools are plugged in, too.

Let me know if you need anything, hermano...my shop is your shop.

Hey B,

Here's a pic of what I meant about changing the jackshaft so you can move the engine closer to the center of the frame.

The primary drive sprocket is moved outboard of the lower frame rail...on this bike I only needed about an inch outside to exactly center the engine.

This bike also has a side-mounted fuel tank to offset the weight of the flywheel on the opposite of the bike. You shouldn't need to worry about that...your tank is already centered.

If the engine is well-centered, the bike has better balance for riding, and also sits on the kickstand more reliably.

well i got the frame stripped
and then pawder coated the pic dosent look that good in person looking great
iam getting the itch but i got parts in route