Looking for a f/n/r gearbox

I'm trying to rebuild a Shriner Mini-T parade car in memory of my recently deceased father (also a Shriner) but I can't find this style gear box anywhere.

The aluminum housing was cracked in an accident and the broken pieces are missing. The main shaft is bent as well so the gearbox needs to be replaced.

Sharp minicars no longer uses this style gearbox and can't provide any info on who made it or where it could be found.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

scootercat

Welcome PennsyDutchman,I have one of them....I have to look for it,but I can't tell You, what brand it is or the brand lawntractor it is off of....It is a neat little crash box....If its in My shop,or garage....I'll look around after dinner....Scootercat....

Did a quick search on the web and came across an article about Shriners cars. Check with Dave Robb Sales manager for GoKartWorks. Seems they are the number one producer of Shriner cars? Good Luck

Big Jim

I have one like that off of my Toro rider, f-n-r. 5/8" bore input 41 chain out.
It has a disc brake.

Last edited:
Steve,
Unfortunately this mini-t has a 5hp vertical shaft engine and there is NO clearence for a torque converter as the shaft is three inches forward of the rear live axle.:eek:hmy: