Looking for my first DB

Hi all,
I am looking for a DB to restore. This is my first mini bike ever and I would like one that needs a good home and some TLC. I dont want a total basket case as this will be my first resto. I always wanted one as a kid and have decided to try my hand at giving one a complete resto. I have searched around Az, (where I live) and have not been able to find one so I am reaching out to see if anybody has one that needs a home and would be willing to ship. It doesnt have to run.

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I always wanted one because a kid in my neighborhood had one and I begged my parents for one. Well, I never got one. Thirty years later I still want one. I would be open to another kind but I really dont know anything about them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Okay....i found a place about 2 hours away that sells new db 30s....kind of wanted a vintage....any suggestions....does it make much difference? .....anybody?

buckeye

What part of Az you living?
I search craigs every couple of days there.
Son in Flaggstaff.
There are several bikes throughout the state.
I looked yesterday and at least 5-8 looked nice. Depends on how far you want to drive.
Phoenix had the most.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am a bit confused when you say "vintage" and "DB" in the same sentence as vintage. The "Pep boy" style Doodlebug hasnt been around for 30 years...or even for 20 years.....and doesnt qualify as a "vintage" bike. Could you be a little more clear? :shrug: Do you want a Doodlebug or a vintage mini in general? Thanks

oldsledz

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am a bit confused when you say "vintage" and "DB" in the same sentence as vintage. The "Pep boy" style Doodlebug hasnt been around for 30 years...or even for 20 years.....and doesnt qualify as a "vintage" bike. Could you be a little more clear? :shrug: Do you want a Doodlebug or a vintage mini in general? Thanks
I think he is looking for either a Fox or Hiawatha Doodle Bug.

You guys are funny. Im glad i found this site. I think i would like a vintage. I did find some on craigslist but they are either completely redone, already sold, or too small. If i sound unclear its because I am so new to this. I thought that the DB was vintage and that they were still making them. I guess i was wrong. I do however want a very simple/basic mini that I can put a motor on and romp around a little bit in the neighborhood. I may be looking for a roller. In retrospect, i would like for it to be a vintage bike.I am however concerned that I might get myself into something that I cant get parts for or is extremely difficult to get part for.

Also, anybody know of any mini bike swap meets in AZ?

buckeye

Phoenix has quite a few on craigslist.
If you find somethin you like post it up and I am sure you will get plenty of opinions.

The Doodlebug is being made, but not concidered classic or vintage. Baja Doodlebug to be more specific.
There was a vintage mini bike called a Doodlebug, but they are tough to come by.