Looky what I found!!!!!

Well it's not really that big of a deal, but these are kinda hard to find around here cheap!!!!!!! The Briggs I just picked up last night for $50. The guy said he guaranteed it to run. He took it off of his leaf vac???? I had to take it to the carwash and blast the heck out of it. It was coverd in oil,dust and dirt and all sorts of gunk. Droped gas in and it fired right up. Smokes a little, don't know if thats from the way he stored it of if the rings are wore out. The side cover is off another 5 hp that I had. The one that came with this briggs was shot................... Now I got a motor for another mini!!!!! And ya, that's a tec 3.5 next to it that I got with the monkey wards :thumbsup: Don't know what I'm gonna put that on, its kinda smallish.............. View attachment 12170

That's a real good deal there. You have to make sure you go through the motors if your plaining or running them daily.
I plan on redoing the briggs, it will be off to the machine shop early next spring. The tec has tons of compression. I will probably tear the tec down, clean it inside and out and , all new gaskets and rebuild the carb. I plan on putting the tec on my younger sons DB30. It should be a big improvement over the 2.8 thats on it now...........

maddcarson

i think i have the engine on the left....i plan to put it in my beer cooler project later in life....ima take a normal igloo cooler and put that engine in the back half and beer/soda/other stuff in the front