making my own suspensioned minibike, anyone do it?

I'm thinking of making my own suspensioned minibike some time in the next year.

I'd like to use a Honda 50 triple tree and rear swingarm but make a custom frame and use a honda clone engine with a TC drive.

Has anyone done this? It seems like it would be a fun project.

I don't have a use for non-suspensioned bikes as I want to ride it off road.

I'm not sure where else to get decent shocks / forks unless I borrow from the huge honda 50 parts bin.

thoughts?

I dont know if mikesbikes still offers the kit but I always thought these were pretty bad ass:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/8012-widow-maker.html
That's exactly what I was thinking! Unfortunately ruppbikes.com seems to be either out of business or having trouble because the website is down.

I was thinking I'd have to weld a frame because I doubted honda 50 forks and rear swingarm would fit a rupp frame without extensive mods.

I'm enjoying my rupp, so much that I think it would be a blast with a couple minor mods like better suspension... but I don't want to take a vintage bike and cut it up.

There is such a (seemingly) huge market for hard-tail minibikes, I"m suprised there aren't suspensioned Rupp clones out there.

toomanytoys

That's exactly what I was thinking! Unfortunately ruppbikes.com seems to be either out of business or having trouble because the website is down.

I was thinking I'd have to weld a frame because I doubted honda 50 forks and rear swingarm would fit a rupp frame without extensive mods.

I'm enjoying my rupp, so much that I think it would be a blast with a couple minor mods like better suspension... but I don't want to take a vintage bike and cut it up.

There is such a (seemingly) huge market for hard-tail minibikes, I"m suprised there aren't suspensioned Rupp clones out there.
I'm gathering parts for the same type of build at the moment. Going to be slow going. I have a pit bike front end and swing arm for a thrashed pitster pro pit bike.

Not going to put a clone on it though, redoing a HS50.

That's why I love these bikes! There are so many options... most people put a new engine on an old frame... now we got guys putting old engines on new frames... :thumbsup: