Maybe I’m a little crazy: tracks

So I might be a little crazy:eek:ut: but has anyone thought of what it would be like with tracks on the back of a mini bike? I’m not talking about the practicalities of doing it(unless someone has done it by all means do share:biggrin:) but like how awesome would it be to have a super lowgeared crawler to take straight up hills?

So I might be a little crazy:eek:ut: but has anyone thought of what it would be like with tracks on the back of a mini bike? I’m not talking about the practicalities of doing it(unless someone has done it by all means do share:biggrin:) but like how awesome would it be to have a super lowgeared crawler to take straight up hills?
Tote Gotes are better for hills, and they even work in Sunny California.

Here is Jeep2003's build, unfortunately photobucket now charges for photos, so they're missing. Build Thread Link.

Video of the machine.

[video=youtube;dw42C0kIptE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw42C0kIptE[/video]

Another bike built by Yoop, a long time member, now gone, as are his photos. Link here.

Here is a surviving photo of Yoop's machine, as posted on yet another member who started one of these, then morphed it into a 4 wheeled machine.

8FP8GZz.jpg

UnorthorodoxCreat build thread.

Yes its been done many times before. Some bikes work great and some dont. The snowblower tracks dont work well in mud because its too slippery and the tracks slip on the rollers and can fall off. Theyre also not made for high speed and can have trouble. In general I think the consensus is its not worth the added complexity because a big fat knobby tire can do just as well. But its fun to expeariment and they certainly look cool. I know iv put more work and time into my bike than it was worth. It still doesnt work as well as id like it to but I dont think i can really do much more. Most of that is attributed to the two track drive though. A single rear track would certainly be much less headache.

Attachments