Mb200-2 Belt Slippage

I put a built engine on with the stock 30 series and sprocket. Goes like a son of a gun but wants more. Juggaverter time or sprocket? Anyone know of a performance shock that is at most 1 inch over stock?

MJL

I have been much happier with the Juggernaut over a stock 30 driver, even a genuine Comet. Have you geared down your Trailmaster? This will take some of the load off the belt.

Everyone I've reached out to says that the 60t causes chain derailment after about an hour of riding. People lift them higher and do these things without really understanding the geometry of the whole thing and even if they do its not exactly a panel of scientists behind the installation of such modifications so its kind of a crap shoot at what actually works. From my experience on dirtbikes, I recall there being changes in sprockets by a few teeth here and there but a 14 tooth jump is kinda wacky. I wonder if a 54 is any better? It's a 19 inch tire, I'm probably in the 15 hp (max) range and smacking the torque out of converter no matter what till I get the Juggernaut on there. I dunno, they sell enough of those 60t for some reason.....

I put a built engine on with the stock 30 series and sprocket. Goes like a son of a gun but wants more. Juggaverter time or sprocket? Anyone know of a performance shock that is at most 1 inch over stock?
It depends on rpm if your built motor is running 7000 i would go juggernaut. I am running stock Tillotson 212 stage one and have been testing different springs ect . The best combo not running high rpm is stock type driver with copper sleeve instead of bearings one from factory and the most important for me was going to tighter belt. The belt if on outside of tq you should have to fight it on over shaft in front that way it doesn't jump to middle in gearing killing launch on takeoff . If you run juggernaut on stock or lower rpm engine it will hit rev limiter quickly and have much lower top speed stock drivers are overdrive and seem to have much higher gearing.

SAS289

It depends on rpm if your built motor is running 7000 i would go juggernaut. I am running stock Tillotson 212 stage one and have been testing different springs ect . The best combo not running high rpm is stock type driver with copper sleeve instead of bearings one from factory and the most important for me was going to tighter belt. The belt if on outside of tq you should have to fight it on over shaft in front that way it doesn't jump to middle in gearing killing launch on takeoff . If you run juggernaut on stock or lower rpm engine it will hit rev limiter quickly and have much lower top speed stock drivers are overdrive and seem to have much higher gearing.
So you used a tighter belt for a better ratio on engagement? And you were able to feel the difference?

im running a 10\72 with stock tc. you can easily flip it on take off. ive only ridden a couple second wheelie. no helmet so i dont wanna die lol. the only time ive ever popped a chain was tryin to do a donut in some stones. every single time. but ive beat on it otherwise including driving around buffalo in a foot of snow and never popped a chain. i cant use 320mm shocks because the chain will slap the frame. i think i have 280mm now. i was gonna buy a 60t just to see the jump in speed from 72t. but with the 72t the bike still hauls ass and laughs at steep hills.

It's an aggressive ramp cam that is somewhat easy on your valves. 22 pound spring pressure, aluminum flywheel (38°) and billet rod are needed for support. They are great for Torque Converter setups!!

Are you keeping the belt dry? If it get a little wet it will slip and your chain can get it wet. Ice and snow will jump your chain of fast too.
I try. In all my bashing I have yet to derail the chain. The belt does get wet and slip sometimes, I'm waiting for new black cover. I might be trying something much different with this bike in the near future. It's really a fine piece of machinery once you start modifying where the factory fell a little short!

So you used a tighter belt for a better ratio on engagement? And you were able to feel the difference?
Yes after installing tillotson i have center to center of 1/16 under 7inchs so from comet charts used 203589a i think is the number . You can tell the difference from 725 belt that would jump up in pulley maybe a third of way on takeoff . The belt now starts at bottom of pulley with much better launch . I also went to 60 tooth sprocket.