MBX-11 front end swap.

Sprocket86

I take it the MBX-11 front fork swap is a difficult part to find new and what are all the parts I need?

I'd really like to add one of these to my DB 30.

How much better does this improve the ride and handling?

Thanks.

I take it the MBX-11 front fork swap is a difficult part to find new and what are all the parts I need?

I'd really like to add one of these to my DB 30.

How much better does this improve the ride and handling?

Thanks.
The ride changes with the suspensions addition but the handling wont change because it has the exact same ZERO offset.......

They're Great just like Tony the tiger would say , now , good luck finding a set . Your need the fork set with the trees , that's the way they come , you need handlebars and risers and a longer front axle bolt , When they were available from Motovox it was about $165 or so for all parts with shipping , I have 2 sets and also have made my own with PW -80 Yamaha fork tubes . If you can find em get em !
Since this old pic I've put taller risers to raise the bars a bit !

Sprocket86

They're Great just like Tony the tiger would say , now , good luck finding a set . Your need the fork set with the trees , that's the way they come , you need handlebars and risers and a longer front axle bolt , When they were available from Motovox it was about $165 or so for all parts with shipping , I have 2 sets and also have made my own with PW -80 Yamaha fork tubes . If you can find em get em !
Since this old pic I've put taller risers to raise the bars a bit !
I see that the Yamaha PW80 front end swap is an alternative here. Do you have to make your own triple clamps and what about the front axle? Your DB 30 looks killer BTW!

Stitch

Beautiful Chipper! Getting ready to do the same on an old style DB30 and my Coleman CT200U.
I just put shocks on a new style DB30 yesterday.
You won't regret it Sprocket86, smooth ride!

I'd really like to add one of these to my DB 30.QUOTE]

Remember to hang on you to your original forks :thumbsup: One of the rules we have is "stock appearing" frames-ish. (we have moved foot pegs and fenders etc... nothing to help the handling of the mini) Front suspension is great but we figured that if we did that we might as well just race dirt bikes lol.. just keeping the mini bike spirit alive.

Not to completely highjack your thread here but [MENTION=55741]SIDEPOCKET[/MENTION] is back today so we should be getting our event thread posted later this week.

Last edited:
MBX11 Front end swap - almost done

I started upgrading my DB30 with a MBX11 front end. I have to mod the riser bolts yet. I got the fender mount by cutting it off a discarded New style DB30 front end. Worked perfect! I am making a custom axle and spacers tomorrow.
Stitch

IMG_0310.JPG MBX11 FRONT END 2.jpg ] MBX11 FRONT END.jpg MBX11 FRONT END 3.jpg

Activity on this is good..myself not looking for spending$$ .. I'm on something else at this time ...Monster Moto is going to offer mmb105 that has front suspension .. maybe future source of forks to buy for our minis.the forks look just like motovox ones... hope they have a successful 2017 launch..their models a bit pricey...the Coleman price dominating the market https://www.monstermoto.com/new-products

Last edited: