Mbx10 Build

I picked up this bike for a friend who wanted me to build them a bike, It's a motovox mbx10.

I slapped a stage 1 predator on it and have it set up on risers for the torque converter but the chain roller in the pic above is in the way, Should I just chop that off and run the chain straight to the t.c or any reason not to?

As of right now were running the #35 chain becsuse the budget is running low. but if that doesn't work out we'll switch sprockets and go to #420 chain.

Also the pipe does not fit with risers on so I'm gonna try to heat it up and bend it down an inch or so, if not I might chop it down.

Thought I'd show it off and ask a quick
question.

20201011_020845.jpg 20201011_025631.jpg

SAS289

I would cut the roller bracket off the frame but do it as carefully and neatly as possible and keep it.

I would keep the 35 sprockets and chain with the TAV. Life is easier on a chain with a TAV versus a clutch. If concerned just spend extra on a good quality 35 chain. A good quality 35 chain can easily handle the power.

I would cut the roller bracket off the frame but do it as carefully and neatly as possible and keep it.

I would keep the 35 sprockets and chain with the TAV. Life is easier on a chain with a TAV versus a clutch. If concerned just spend extra on a good quality 35 chain. A good quality 35 chain can easily handle the power.

Thanks man! I just heard somewhere that the #35 chain pops off alot and is weak, but they probably didnt have it adjusted right in the first place.

It was not ready! The #35 sproket wouldn't fit the shaft and key so the key slot had to be filed out and the inner diameter of the sproket was too small so I rigged up a dowel and sandpaper to a drill and made it fit.

I ended up drilling and slotting out the mounting holes for the torque converter for it to mount up to the engine.
Then it still wouldn't clear the frame even on risers, so I stacked some washers for and they seem to be okay.

I'm gonna post if any other problems come up in case someone else tries to do a build on a small frame like this one, and they run into trouble.

20201011_215930.jpg 20201012_123458.jpg 20201012_123504.jpg

SAS289

You are using a 5/8" sprocket with a 3/16" key on a 16mm driven shaft with a 5mm key. I guess when we order these torque converters there's no way to know if you are getting a standard or metric driven shaft until you get it. Makes me wonder if the sellers can give that info before the order is made?

Mine came with a 5/8" driven shaft with a 3/16" key. Made it nice for my 8 and 9 tooth sprocket changes. Not sure of the availability of metric sprockets.

And make sure you have clearance in between the back plate and the bolt that holds the cooling tin onto the head. It's just below the exhaust port and in back of the top right cover bolt. If the clearance isn't there you bind into it when tightening the back plate down.

Last edited:
You are using a 5/8" sprocket with a 3/16" key on a 16mm driven shaft with a 5mm key. I guess when we order these torque converters there's no way to know if you are getting a standard or metric driven shaft until you get it. Makes me wonder if the sellers can give that info before the order is made?

Mine came with a 5/8" driven shaft with a 3/16" key. Made it nice for my 8 and 9 tooth sprocket changes. Not sure of the availability of metric sprockets.

The sprocket was a left over from the torque converter on my coleman, this one on the mbx10 only came with a 420 sprocket so it probably was only mated to the other shaft, but it's on now no worries.

I went to break the chain (that would have finished the bike) but I used the wrong size and got the chain breaker pin stuck in my link and I cant get it loose so I gotta wait for a new chain to come. Even if I get another link broke off the chain it'll be too short to fit the bike so that's great.

I got the chain on after getting the stuck pin out of it and there's one coming in the mail also now. the chain keeps popping off though..

I'm gonna cut the mounting slots out a little more and slide the engine up to make up for the slack that should do it.

Other than the chain coming off she runs great and lifts like crazy! definently a wheelie machine.

Last edited: