Mea Culpa (my Allis project)

Well, first off I didn't fall off the face of the earth... Sorry I haven't posted since last year..But, I have been making some progress on my Allis #5 mini trail. I have completly disassembled it. Painted the frame, engine, etc. Had all of the chrome replated (thanks to Precision Plating in Quincy, IL) fantastic job! Also, had all of the logos and graphics redone in vinyl (thanks Annie @ A.S.A.P. Graphics) another fantastic job! I am now putting it back together...

I still need to polish up the rims and paint a few small items like the foot pegs, etc before final assembly....Also, need to decide what I am going to do about tires..One of my original Carlisle Indian heads is in good shape with good tread, the other is cracked and about bald. I don't like the new knobby tires Carlisle is making. They are a little smaller in diameter and do not have the same tread pattern.

Anyway, that's where I am at this point...will post more pics as it goes back together...Don't ask how much $$ I've got in this thing so far, it's stupid!

Rock-ola

Sweet! Is it the 4hp or 5hp model? I picked a old Gilson roller a few weeks ago. now I need to find a correct set of forks for it as it had a set off a Bonanza.

Tommie,

It is a 5. With lights and the correct seat and I have the exhaust resonator (which I was told on this board is kinda rare). I will post future pics over in the project log area.....

Rock-ola

Tommie,

It is a 5. With lights and the correct seat and I have the exhaust resonator (which I was told on this board is kinda rare). I will post future pics over in the project log area.....

Rock-ola
Sweet! I just picked up a Allis-Chalmers parts catalog for the mini & trail bikes. Covers 4 & 5hp mini's & the 5hp trail bike. I needed it as i'm missing a few parts.

Also, had all of the logos and graphics redone in vinyl (thanks Annie @ A.S.A.P. Graphics)
The bike looks GREAT.:thumbsup: Did you have any extras of the decals made up? I could use two sets as I have a couple of these bikes awaiting restoration. These Wards/Gilson/Allis bikes are awesome riders, great job so far.

best thing that i can find for a tire and that looks the same?
factory tire on a gilson/wards and Allis

a tire that mfgsupply sells. not sure how well it is made:shrug:

8-9324 - 530X450X6, 2Ply Tube Type Knobby Tread Tire

project looking real good:thumbsup:

Those tires are great for Gilson rims.. They fit perfect and good quality from MFG-SUPPLY.. I currently have some rough hours on the tires.

Excited!! I have my Gilson frame blasted and painted Tuesday.. Not a restore, but i do have a bunch of original parts from the head light down to the jack shaft.

Cant wait for the first night ride... hog hunt, doob cruise.

You put my build to shame, but i rebuild mine for pure enjoyment of riding them when I'm done, I would be scared to bring that bike out of the house.

Wow...delray thanks for the tire info I was really not wanting to go the newer (square) knobby tires like the TSC stores sell but, didn't think I was going to have a choice!

Mark G...I do have one extra set of the chain (clutch guard) decals. I was going to do up a custom little tool box. If you want I could out the $$ on getting you a set...I already paid the layout fee. I would think another set wouldn't be too much.

Tommie d...would you be willing to scan or copy you parts book? I have been looking for one of those for quite a while with no luck. Also looking for an owners manual.

Squirrel....Ride it? , ride it....I have ridden it! but, no I probably won't after it's done. I also have a formost with the wrong engine , missing fenders, etc. But, it runs ok. So, I am thinking of redoing it with a spray bomb just to have one to putt around the yard on..I'll let you in on a secret...I've got a Corvette in the garage also..it doesn't get driven either. (now you know my disease):biggrin:

Mark G...I do have one extra set of the chain (clutch guard) decals. I was going to do up a custom little tool box. If you want I could out the $$ on getting you a set...I already paid the layout fee. I would think another set wouldn't be too much.

Tommie d...would you be willing to scan or copy you parts book? I have been looking for one of those for quite a while with no luck. Also looking for an owners manual.
I'm interested in these decals, when you find out the cost let me know. There is a member here (peeweepinstriping) that has been making quite a few different repro decals for different bikes, I got one for my Wards 525 and it came out real nice. (not perfect, but I'm picky)

If you still need a parts book I have a copy that I can email you, I just need to scan it:thumbsup: