messed up.....

went for a trail ride tonight on my wards with my buddy and his fourwheeler.. we just got done fixing his bike up so we thought wed ride it real quick...... i took the big wards out down the trail with no headlight and no throttle thinking id be alright... well the ride out was great... his bike started acting up so we started home... well he left me in the dust with no light to see the road.... i was drivin and the road has bumps that if your not carfull will mess you upp........ welll i knew i had to be carful but needed to keep up so i got up to speed (holding on with one hand cause i have no throtttle) and i hit a bump the front end came up smacked back down slung me off and the bike hit hard.... the outcome i got 4 scraps up my left arm and my right wrist is sprianed.. as for the bike i bent my handle bars broke the brake cable and lever and just got it all cacked in dirt and mud cause it just got done raining.. im a little pissed off cause this could have been avoided and i wouldnt have to spend more :censure: money for a new brake handle and cable.... and i need to straighten the bars out.. other then that the bike got right back up fired off and i drove it home

DMR

Shit happens, just be glad that you didn't get seriousley injured and be ESPECIALLY thankful that the Wards didn't suffer any serious damage. Just put it behind you and keep on truckin':thumbsup:

Shit happens, just be glad that you didn't get seriousley injured and be ESPECIALLY thankful that the Wards didn't suffer any serious damage. Just put it behind you and keep on truckin':thumbsup:
yea well it could have been avoided.... i dont even care about me im pissed that i :censure: my wards up

sounds like my bros & i ridin every so often we'll loose a head light so we'll have to finish the wknd with out 1 but we try to watch out for 1 another & run off other ppls lights... some ppl just dont get the pack mentality
as far as the 1hand runnin the carb lol i used to do that too on my artic cat climber that i grew up on. once i ran wfo into the front end loader i bet it made a big GONG!!! sound but i couldnt hear it cuz i was unconcious lol
:1orglaugh:
i was wearin a helmet

sounds like my bros & i ridin every so often we'll loose a head light so we'll have to finish the wknd with out 1 but we try to watch out for 1 another & run off other ppls lights... some ppl just dont get the pack mentality
as far as the 1hand runnin the carb lol i used to do that too on my artic cat climber that i grew up on. once i ran wfo into the front end loader i bet it made a big GONG!!! sound but i couldnt hear it cuz i was un concious lol
:1orglaugh:
i was wearin a helmet
yea i didnt have a helmet on....

DMR

it was the first time iv ever seen the wards peel out hahahaha:laugh:
Haha:laugh:, the first time I took out my Super Wazoom Azusa I nearly slammed, every time I hit a semi-damp patch of pavement while I was on the gas it would roast the rear tire lol, Now I never get on the bike without a helmet, it would be a sorry day if you got brain damage or worse from a minibike crash........

lol i know the feeling... ya got up & took off pissed as hell i can see it in my mind lol
:cursing:
yep thats exactly what i did cursing the whole way home as i total the up the cost of the damage in my head
Haha:laugh:, the first time I took out my Super Wazoom Azusa I nearly slammed, every time I hit a semi-damp patch of pavement while I was on the gas it would roast the rear tire lol, Now I never get on the bike without a helmet, it would be a sorry day if you got brain damage or worse from a minibike crash........
yea i think im gonna start wearing a helmet after this... it just happened so quick i didnt even have enough time to react or anything 1 minute im riding the next im on the ground watching my bike smack the groun:doah:

Just feel lucky you were'nt hurt badly! You've proven you can fix it so get out there and fix it when you're 100%! Pain is all in your mind, oh and wherever it hurts:laugh::hammer:

Dodge !!!!

First off let me say I am glad you are alright
Second ....WTF were you thinking bud ???:eek:ut:
No lights at night, Bad idea but one handed :shrug: You are much smarter than that I know for a fact.
Trust me I have made some bad decisions in my life. I have wrecked 2 Streetbikes, The first broke my ankles , the second broke my neck and killed a good friend of mine. I cant tell you I wear a helmut , cause I dont. But one thing I never do is take something out for a ride until every last nut and bolt has been checked and rechecked .I do have bikes with questionable brakes but I know that in advance so I dont put myself in a position where I depend on them too much, My Boonie for example has crappy brakes, but I only ride in my parents yard which is like 8 acres and I know when to slow down . I know having that beast in your garage is tempting as hell, but next time you may not be so lucky my friend.
As a matter of fact I think you should just give it to me , so this doesn't happen again lol :laugh:

Or at least post some pics of the damage so we can see :doah:

oldfatguy

glad you are all right,a new throttle cable is only a few bucks in the OldMiniBikes store,there is no reason to do with out one. Chalk it up to a lesson learned,the test is not to repeat the same mistake. PS, use a hydraulic shop press to straiten the handle bars,and not a hammer

Dodge !!!!

First off let me say I am glad you are alright
Second ....WTF were you thinking bud ???:eek:ut:
No lights at night, Bad idea but one handed :shrug: You are much smarter than that I know for a fact.
Trust me I have made some bad decisions in my life. I have wrecked 2 Streetbikes, The first broke my ankles , the second broke my neck and killed a good friend of mine. I cant tell you I wear a helmut , cause I dont. But one thing I never do is take something out for a ride until every last nut and bolt has been checked and rechecked .I do have bikes with questionable brakes but I know that in advance so I dont put myself in a position where I depend on them too much, My Boonie for example has crappy brakes, but I only ride in my parents yard which is like 8 acres and I know when to slow down . I know having that beast in your garage is tempting as hell, but next time you may not be so lucky my friend.
As a matter of fact I think you should just give it to me , so this doesn't happen again lol :laugh:

Or at least post some pics of the damage so we can see :doah:
yea im not to sure what i was thinking.... lol my brakes work good but i didnt have enought time to react the damage isnt really noticable in pics (well the brake cable is .... but you really cant see the bent bars.. ill see if i can get pics

glad you are all right,a new throttle cable is only a few bucks in the OldMiniBikes store,there is no reason to do with out one. Chalk it up to a lesson learned,the test is not to repeat the same mistake. PS, use a hydraulic shop press to straiten the handle bars,and not a hammer
its a speical throttle cable for a dirt bike.. and i ordered it 2 weeks ago and still havent got it they said tomarrow so we will see.

i did take the bike out today after making a roller for the chain to slide on and i was hitting some serious mud puddles with it lol bike was cacked in mud and dirt

heres the damage.. the frist pic shows the snapped brake handle.... the second shows how bad the bars have been tweeked out of shape... the 3rd is how muddy i got the bike today even after a hose off lol. and the 4th is just a pic of the bike.. tomarrow morning the bike is gonna get a full bath to take all the dirt off.. i cant stand a dirty mini lol....

View attachment 20499

View attachment 20500

View attachment 20501

View attachment 20502

Last edited: