Mikuni 22mm choke issue

Hello, I'm currently going through the process of tuning my new mikuni carb for my 212. Whenever I turn the choke on the bike runs really fast, which I'm guessing is an excess of fuel, which I want (because that's how mikuni choke is by adding fuel), but dont want because its adding waaaaay to much extra fuel. So my question is is there a way to tune the choke? I'm guessing the way most people would do it is my moderating the choke lever, but on this carb the lever clicks into two positions, I cant really moderate it

are you talking about the chikuni or a real one? Both use a enrichment device not a choke which allows more fuel and air into the engine from a hole behind the slide. On my dragbikes if I were to start it with the enrichment on all the way the bike would take off. Even though it has a detent to keep it open, I just open mine halfway and that works fine, starts easy and does not run so fast that the bike starts moving.

are you talking about the chikuni or a real one? Both use a enrichment device not a choke which allows more fuel and air into the engine from a hole behind the slide. On my dragbikes if I were to start it with the enrichment on all the way the bike would take off. Even though it has a detent to keep it open, I just open mine halfway and that works fine, starts easy and does not run so fast that the bike starts moving.
I have a genuine carb. I see what you mean though by running it half way. If there a way to stop the detente from detenting (if that's even a word)