mini bike brakes

Hello, Anyone have any good ideas on making a hand brake work on a scrub brake? I would like to try to put a hand brake lever on my mini bike. Or does anyone have a good idea(solution) on how to brake better with this set up. Thanks jeff

george3

Hello, Anyone have any good ideas on making a hand brake work on a scrub brake? I would like to try to put a hand brake lever on my mini bike. Or does anyone have a good idea(solution) on how to brake better with this set up. Thanks jeff
post pics of your bike

If you look at my pics, it is the mini bike with the checkered seat. At that time it was missing.I made my own scrub brake, works the same as many others. I can get pics tmr when its light out. thanks jeff

george3

If you look at my pics, it is the mini bike with the checkered seat. At that time it was missing.I made my own scrub brake, works the same as many others. I can get pics tmr when its light out. thanks jeff
find out what the correct wheels that go to it and they should have drum and brakes.

I don't think you could apply the leverage needed to operate a scrub brake effectivly with the limited travel of a handle/cable assy, disc, drum or band brakes are a better choice if budget allows.................Tom.