Mini Bike Project

Derek, Age 14
I started this project a few weeks ago. I bought an old frame for $50 but it had a lot of rust. I decided I wanted to fix it up. I don't have any original pics but I'll try to explain what I did. First I stripped all the parts off the frame and detached the front handle bar section. I then sanded all of the old paint and rust off which was very time consuming. After that I put primer on it and I am now in the proccess of painting it a Metallic Cobalt Blue. Since this is my first real restoration type project I ran into a few bumps along the road. One thing that really slowed me down was that after I ran out of primer in the first can, I bought a new one from a different brand. Not knowing any better, I sprayed on the new layer without waiting the proper amount of time causing some sort of chemical reaction that made the primer crack. So I had do some more sanding. Anyways all I need to do now is put on the last coat of paint and then maybe some clear coat on top of that. I'm not really sure yet. Another thing that I know is gonna cause a problem in the future is that I don't remember axactly how i took the frame apart, so it might take me a while to get the axle on right. After I put it back together i'm planning on putting a new motor on if I can find one that fits. I have a few already but none of them start and they're old anyways so I might as well buy a new one. Here are a couple pics of where I am now.

drh6000, howdy neighbor!!! Good start on your build, a harbor freight clone 6.5 should fit your bike, looks like there's enuff room there, I think that I would build an old school motor to put on it for show and get that harbor freight for raising hell.
dave

Looks Good,

Thats An Azusa Frame. My Photo Of Custom Green Is The Same
Except It Has The Bent Handlebars. You Can Get The Directions
And Specs Online At Azusa And Some Other Sites That
Sell Them. Very Easy To Put Together. I Think Gokartgalaxy.com
Has Specs Too.if You Need A Copy Let Me Know, I'll Email It
To You.