Favorite mini bike project

• The Budget Bike

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Built-From-Scratch minibike

Votes: 26 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mini Bikers Build-off poll deadline

Since it's not really fair to make up rules and stipulations after an event has been started, I think that the only way to declare the winner of the Mini Bikers Build-off would be for me to post the results of the poll on the deadline date (10-9-2010 at 9:41 pm est) and if there is no clear winner (vote is dead even), the contest will be declared a tie and we'll all live with it (It's all in fun anyway).

If there was to be a round 2 of the Mini Bikers Build-off, maybe forum members could suggest a few ground rules for BEFORE the competition such as these:

1. Bike frame must be either a new fabrication, or a used frame that has been modified or reconfigured (such as adding a swing arm and suspension).

2. Forks can be OEM manufactured or built by the competitors.

3. Motors can be bone stock or "souped-up".

4. Jackshaft or straight clutch-to-rear sprocket.

Any ideas or suggestions, post 'em!

Jimmy S.

Sieve

There should be a performance review too. It can look as pretty as it wants. But if it don't run good, whats the point of it.

MikeBear

What about the fact that one is a 17 year old still in high school, and the other builder is an adult, with practically a full machine shop?

I think that gives points to the 17 year old....

Ratbike

What about the fact that one is a 17 year old still in high school, and the other builder is an adult, with practically a full machine shop?

I think that gives points to the 17 year old....
Dads helping some but a full machine hmmmm...:shrug::grind::hammer:

The Budget Bike Wins!!!

And the winner of the Great Mini Biker Build-off by popular vote is “The Budget Bike”, designed and built by OldMiniBikes.com Senior Member :bowdown: DrWatson (“Elementary, my dear Watson!”).

As a tribute to DrWatson, I dedicate this video by my favorite Canadian power trio... RUSH! :punk:

YouTube - Rush - Freewill ( Exit Stage Left )

Congratulations DrWatson on the win. :thumbsup: This Bud’s for you! :drinkup:

Jimmy S.