Mini Bikers Build-off

Favorite mini bike project

• The Budget Bike

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Built-From-Scratch minibike

Votes: 26 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've got two great mini bike projects going on in the Project Log forum, The Budget Bike project and the Built-From-Scratch Minibike project. :hammer::hack::weld::grind:

Here's a pic borrowed from The Budget Bike thread:

And a pic from the Built-from-Scratch thread:

We should put up a poll and show our interest and support for these guys by voting for your favorite thread/bike. :scooter:

Jimmy S.

both bikes are real nice homebuilds, but i had to go with the scratch built mostly because it has a original style i havn't really seen before where as the budget bike is basically a murray..

but both are better than i can make though so hats off to both:thumbsup:

Dead even 50%-50% at 2:50pm Friday....

Just like Billy Lane and Indian Larry on Discovery Channel's Biker Build-off! :scooter:

Who knows, by the deadline this poll could be decided by a hangin' chad...! :wink:

Jimmy S.

Last edited:
Atleast they know what engine gets alot of votes.......:laugh:

I think the Budget Bike is like a Classic Crusier while the Scratch Build has a Dirt/Sport Bike look.

Last edited:
I think they're both great builds, so I'm not even gonna try to pick only one...

Both are loaded with design ingenuity and fabrication skill, so they're both winners in my opinion...

Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Both me and alexp need to get our bikes done by the poll deadline of 10-09-2010 at 09:41 PM (I am assuming that time is corrected for the timezone of my profile).

If alexp is up for it, so am I!

(I may regret this later, but oh well, it's fun!)

I'll be watching for sure! Both have different appeal IMO and are great builds, the fact our BFS contender is so young impresses the hell out of me but it's about the bikes not the builders. I like and want a good fully suspended minibike so I'm leaning towards the BFS one but we'll see, the cool factor of the Budget bike does lend something to the mix!:thumbsup: Not voting yet!

Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Both me and alexp need to get our bikes done by the poll deadline of 10-09-2010 at 09:41 PM (I am assuming that time is corrected for the timezone of my profile).

If alexp is up for it, so am I!

(I may regret this later, but oh well, it's fun!)
Sure im up for it DrWatson :thumbsup: But man that sounds like a tight dead line! Finish in less then a month. I guess well see
Hey guys, on the Discovery Channel's Biker's Build-off they had a 10 day limit to build their choppers in (Of course they probably have more resources and capital + manpower). :wink:

It's been fun watching the progress of both your bikes, and regardless of the poll tally (which really means nuthin') you're both winners! :thumbsup:

BTW- At the time of this post the poll was back to neck-and-neck. :clap:

Jimmy S.

Hey Jimmy will you update the pictures or do you just want me to upload one in my reply next time? THanks! :thumbsup:
How about just posting the pics of your progress in your thread as you go, and when DrWatson posts his latest pics I'll take one from each and do a Build-off update for the both of you, to keep things on an even keel?

Jimmy S.