Mini "machine" bike (plus RC)

Some pics on my homemade mini machine bike (+RC)
Ive been building for about a year, The frame is copper and swingarm is aluminum (home depot and lowes)

The airfilter is attached to an rc exhaust pipe and then I mounted it to the carb.

Its a homelight 33cc chainsaw engine

still have some "kinks" to work. The throttle is attached to an RC servo, I need to swap the rear spring for a 400 and that holds my weight. Its really awkward to sit on though. I was thinking of wearing roller skates while driving it so my feet can rest on the ground.

SpyGuy

Interesting ......... what size wheels are those?

maybe mount a set of pegs off the front axle, a la Shriner bike style?

Yes, 1/2 inch copper. Aluminum/ strips of steel for swing arm and copper/aluminum forks with RC shocks attached.

It is the chainsaws clutch but the odd looking teeth obviously had to go, so I cut and grinded and left a key way and mounted an electric bicycle sprocket.

For the jackshaft, 2 electric bicycle sprockets with RC bearings mounted on a very strong "T-Maxx" axle.

I have a small piece of steel square bolted to the copper frame and the jackshaft axle bolted to it.

I asked the plumber at Home Depot if he thought a copper frame would be strong enough and he replied "copper is stronger than people think".

So I was convinced to use copper.
They come in various thicknesses (I think K,L,M) that signify the thickness/strength. Plus sodering was handy, If I needed to change something, I could reheat the soder to remove a piece and re do it.

** Almost forgot to mention, the wheels are from a garden cart. Size: You can order one at a time for aprox $14.00 each, that includes the tire and rim (knobby tires I added ) mounted with the split rim at ACE HARDWARE on line. 4.10-3.50x4

Last edited:
so your throttle is electronicly controlled with a servo? what are those front springs from thats an awefull big rc car. Cant believe they hold your weight

oh and never ever take advice from the chumps at home depot or lowes. solder joints are extremely strong but the copper will bend without too much trouble. The frame should be ok but i dont think the forks will hold up for too long