''Minibike Build Off" ARCO EZ Rider 2 Stroke

For my entry in the "minibike build off" I will be using a 2 stroke tecumseh 2 horsepower snowblower engine on a broken arco ez rider frame with small 4 inch wheels and a jackshaft.does anyone have the original plastic tank?
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

looks like a real challenge I have a few 3hp tecumseh snow blower engines sitting around if you find that you need parts
are you sure yours is a 2hp ?
keep us posted on your build

OOOHHHH i LOVE those engines! i have 2 myself, i used one on a WOODEN go-kart i built and it went SOO darn fast. those engines have a LOT of torque but since i was using a belt drive, i burned all the belts i had up. is there an easy way to hook a cent. clutch to one of those engines?

that is one of my problems right now. I need to put the clutch on a jack shaft now because they don't make small enough clutch's (the clutch would hit my mounting plate)

I like those little Tecumseh two strokes...

It would be cool on a minibike because there aren't many out there...

That is the same little walbro carb they use on the weed whackers, but you can upgrade to a slide type carb...

I have the factory repair/rebuild manual for those engines, if you don't already, and need some specs or info...

Here's a decal for ya...just print this on some mylar...

I like the looks/performance of a dual belt primary drive with the jackshaft mounted centrifugal clutch...

It works good for two strokes because you can change the pulley size in the primary drive to adjust the clutch engagement RPM, versus changing the engagement springs in the clutch...

It's definitely 'old school' lookin'...

Yeah, that's a Taco clone built by MAC...no clutch, but similar principle...

I don't have any minibikes with dual belt drive right now...just go karts set up that way, and I wanted to show what it looks like...very cool, I think...

Last edited:
#1, i think i have an old cent. clutch that will fit that size shaft. and #2 that go-kart i made topped out at around 45-50 believe it or not. the only problem was that my friends had to push me to get me going because the belt slipped so much! also i LOOOVE the sound of those engines with straightpipes!!! they have a nice rumble to them.

WOW thats fast for the little guy!! how big was the driven pulley? no thanks for the clutch I already ordered one now I need to buy a jackshaft kit. does anyone have one on hand? #35 chain 5/8 shaft preferably