Minor modifications

vjjjc

Here I am again. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a clone engine like 5.5 or 6 hp for my mini or just stick with 3 hp kawasaki that I have in it.

I have a friend who is cleaning up the carb and getting it running right for me. I am considering putting a a straight header on it and a more open air filter on it. Will this make any kind of difference? I mean will this give me 1/2 more hp? Can i get a modest yet better carb. for it that can just bolt on without having to change everything?

My goal is to get it running decent for me to tool around on but also not a huge motor that will kill my daughter, neice and nephew who are also going to want to ride it from time to time.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a "happy medium" between cruising around and all out hauling A**. I have the same situation. I have my Doodlebug that the wife and kid ride around on and then I have the Indian with the modified GX200. Every person who has ever attempted to ride the Indian has crashed or just about crashed. No matter how many times I tell them to "ease" into the throttle, they never listen. A female neighbor, who has a Harley, jumped on the Indian yesterday. I told her several times not to give it much gas. "Don't worry, I ride motorcycles all the time" Ahhh....yeah right. What does she do? Slams the throttle down! She almost lost it, but recovered somehow. Then she says "Wow, is this thing legal?"

I have decided not to let anyone else tear up the Indian and let them have at it on the Bug.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a "happy medium" between cruising around and all out hauling A**. I have the same situation. I have my Doodlebug that the wife and kid ride around on and then I have the Indian with the modified GX200. Every person who has ever attempted to ride the Indian has crashed or just about crashed. No matter how many times I tell them to "ease" into the throttle, they never listen. A female neighbor, who has a Harley, jumped on the Indian yesterday. I told her several times not to give it much gas. "Don't worry, I ride motorcycles all the time" Ahhh....yeah right. What does she do? Slams the throttle down! She almost lost it, but recovered somehow. Then she says "Wow, is this thing legal?"

I have decided not to let anyone else tear up the Indian and let them have at it on the Bug.
I think you and I are on the same boat.
I think you simply need extra minibikes. From mild to wild!