Monster Jeep W 5HP...????

Yes that is a 6 foot Ranger Truck Bed! I pulled the frozen Briggs 5HP and Torque Convertor out.....Any body got a clue on this? Body is all Fiberglass.

This Thing is scary BIG!!!! Help?!

Last edited:
These were sold in the 90s as far as I know, my brother had one and it was ford truck body. I've seen many but cant nail down a maker, minimonstertruck.com made some I believe. They come up for sale often and are all over youtube.:thumbsup:

Carter Bros. You can still buy them new for $2700. The GraveDigger version goes for $3400 new unless your that guy in TX who wants $4200 for his used one.

SuperNova,
Nah, I aint the nut case selling, but thanks for the info. I tossed Gravedigger Kart on the search on YouTube and saw the Gravedigger version of this jeep. I search for carter Brothers on google to no avail. If ya got some more info to lead me in the right direction that would be cool. I need another project like a hole in the head, but after seeing that gravedigger.......well.....um.....

I know it's a Carter Bros because I am staring at a Carter Bros brochure showing the same truck.
I told him I thought you were right, not the 1st ID I've gotten that I didn't think I deserved. I think it's a Carter as well, looking back I remember a neighbor having a ford truck that was a Carter. Those tires are on all the one's I've seen except the one Delray just posted. It's made by the same outfit if you look at the frame.

buckeye

Carter bros use to be in Brundage,Al and burnt to the ground. put a bunch of people out of work. my forks i have for sale were made by a kid who worked R&D for them.

I told him I thought you were right, not the 1st ID I've gotten that I didn't think I deserved. I think it's a Carter as well, looking back I remember a neighbor having a ford truck that was a Carter. Those tires are on all the one's I've seen except the one Delray just posted. It's made by the same outfit if you look at the frame.
I could care less about getting credit for identifying it. He wanted to know what it was so I told him. If he doesn't want to believe me then keep searching. My neighbor has that same cart too. The closest Ski Doo dealer to me sells new Carter Bros.

Hey SuperNova,

I gave ya the credit for answering it, cause I went to minimonster whatever and figured it out. I did'nt say I did'nt believe, (re-read), I just asked if ya had more info.

I hope the name reference of NOVA is in relationship to galactic entities, as I have been streetracing Big Block Chevelles, and a 440 Cuda since the early 70's and never met a Nova that was'nt destined for the boneyard....Hardy Har Har Har!

There is one of these trucks at a local auction this week.. flat tires, might go cheap.. NICE Briggs 5 horse bearing crank and TAV unit.. It's covered in snow with flat tires... Looks rough to SEE it in the auction.. But melt the snow, and blow up the tires and it's :drool: