Montgomery Wards - build

I picked this up for a few pennies. Had some homemade scrub brake stuff on it as well as a multi piece foot bar. Both got cut off. It is currently at my employers shop waiting to get some small fixes handled.

The rear wheel/Sprocket seems to be ok. Anyone have a front wheel that will match the rear wheel? Maybe an original? Who knows what kind of rims came on these bikes?

Attachments

minibikefever

nice project, I'll be looking for a montgomery wards bike down the the to own, they were the first bike I can remember as a young kid, didn't own one but 50 years later I'm gonna lol, original chain gaurd was a nice find.

That looks like a standard stamped 4" wheel roughly 3" wide It should be available from one of the regular minibike vendors. You might even find something close from Harbor Fright(pun intended) , Tractor Supply or Menards Home Improvement stores.

Well....a few months of labor, lots of patience, and it's finally done. This one took some time. Not because of me, but because I made my 15 year old son earn every penny and turn every nut/bolt required.

It's powder coated Wagon Red. Can't remember where the seat came from. Most parts from OldMiniBikes Warehouse.

Ended up going with a stock Honda GX200. He's already wanting to de-govern, jet the carb and put on an upgraded air filter. Time will tell.

This is my first band brake set up, and I've got to say....It brakes better than any of my previous 3 minis (Cyclops, Fox Doodlebug, Wards Buffalo)

Knock on wood, it has not thrown the chain yet which I'm very happy with.

Overall time well spent with a 15 year old showing him the ropes on how to use tools, use his noggin, think, be patient and spend time with dad.

I'll get some additional pics soon.

Attachments