motor question

mac350

is there a difference in lets say getting a motor off a snowblower or a motor off a wood chipper. does one have more power then outhers.

Not really, your biggest worry would be shaft size and length.(some have stubby's) Some are going to have the gov and throttle set up different but all that gets removed anyway.

I have engines from all different machines and they work great.

Snowblower engines are the BEST source for our minis. Most get maybe 20 hours per year and that's in nice cold air with no dust. Then after 5 yrs the owner gets bent cause it wont start afer sitting 8 months with old gas. So he puts it on craigslist for 50 bucks or less. You and I get a motor that's hardly broken in for next to nothing!

Worst engines: Tiller engines.

Snowblower engines are the BEST source for our minis. Most get maybe 20 hours per year and that's in nice cold air with no dust. Then after 5 yrs the owner gets bent cause it wont start afer sitting 8 months with old gas. So he puts it on craigslist for 50 bucks or less. You and I get a motor that's hardly broken in for next to nothing!

Worst engines: Tiller engines.
Disagree on the tiller engines, we don't have much snow here but tillers get used once a year as well (just don't buy from the farm types.) I have some tiller engines on bikes and they are great and where $25 each.

They might be governed differently, for different operational speeds and loads. But that is all adjustable. I'm not sure of this, just guessing here.

mac350

They might be governed differently, for different operational speeds and loads. But that is all adjustable. I'm not sure of this, just guessing here.
basically thats what i was thinking but one of my mini bike Buddy's was thinking differently and trying to tell me that i shouldn't use one of the motors that i have for a mini.