Mtd columbia band brake

Bbqman

Wondering how to get the piece off the end of the band where the end brake cable goes through. There isn't a screw or anything. Thanks IMG_20201205_154053044.jpg IMG_20201205_154053044.jpg

Bbqman

Should push right out. Might be rusted so you’ll have to persuade it a little. The cable holds it in place.
That is just a round cable stop , order it with the new band brake , both are readily available parts
Should push right out. Might be rusted so you’ll have to persuade it a little. The cable holds it in place.
I tried everything. The is a piece of the cable going through. I tried penatrating spray and tried knocking out it with a punch no luck. The other side is hooked to the bracket and can't get that nut off either

I tried everything. The is a piece of the cable going through. I tried penatrating spray and tried knocking out it with a punch no luck. The other side is hooked to the bracket and can't get that nut off either
The Allen head set screw that holds the cable in place is probably rusted and or stripped. Your band has no lining. Time for a new one along with a new pin. Like chipper said, they are readily available. OldMiniBikes warehouse along with many others sell them. There’s a variety of sizes and you need to determine which size to order. Offhand I am not sure what size.

Try not to break or strip that stud while removing the nut. A vice and lots of penetrating oil will help. If the stud breaks or strips out, you’re going to need to do some grinding and welding to replace it. The joy/pain of working on old minibikes… Rust!

Bbqman

The Allen head set screw that holds the cable in place is probably rusted and or stripped. Your band has no lining. Time for a new one along with a new pin. Like chipper said, they are readily available. OldMiniBikes warehouse along with many others sell them. There’s a variety of sizes and you need to determine which size to order. Offhand I am not sure what size.
I need to keep the bracket though. I bought some material for the band. If I can just get that piece out that the cable goes through I will be fine