MTD TC cover

Was putting together one of my Columbia MTD's yesterday and with the painted engine the TC cover looks like crap. Are those decals on there or is it painted on? I wanna repaint to match the engine but not sure what i'd do with the lettering.

pomfish

Nice looking Trail Flite Johnny!
I had this same cover from a MTD Rambler and even after sandblasting you could still make out the lettering, so maybe get it blasted and then re paint the logo using the ghost letters as a template, then mask it off and paint. I know lots of work.

Better to have someone make a sticker from computer. Graphics shop, but then $ surely.
Never saw one in mint condition, the finish of the metal attracts dirt/rust.
But they are heavy duty metal for sure!
HTH
Keith

Nice looking Trail Flite Johnny!
I had this same cover from a MTD Rambler and even after sandblasting you could still make out the lettering, so maybe get it blasted and then re paint the logo using the ghost letters as a template, then mask it off and paint. I know lots of work.

Better to have someone make a sticker from computer. Graphics shop, but then $ surely.
Never saw one in mint condition, the finish of the metal attracts dirt/rust.
But they are heavy duty metal for sure!
HTH
Keith
Thanks. Is this even the one from the Columbia? Or is that cover for the bigger Trial Bike one? I had thought I may switch it to one of those as both of them didn't come with a TC cover.

pomfish

Your's has the relief near the rear bottom for the kickstand which is usually used on the models with the smaller V-plex Driver the ones without the relief are deeper.
Looks like a Columbia cover.