Mtd triflite

cemk21

Today I finallly started to take apart my last mini bike that i bought about 2 years ago .A lot has happened, the loss of a good job, a start of new one just trying to keep your head above water. But i have been waiting for the time to start and its here. I took pics as it was being tore down. I knew when i purchased it the steering neck was busted out and will need replaced. you can see by the pictures it a tube 7inchs by 1.5 an 1.375. Its going to need new shocks for the back and also got some messing spokes. Really dont know what i should use for a motor and dont know about that belt drive. could put a clutch and a gear on it , Thats what my other has and works good. So i will finsh the tear down and get the neck repaired.

You can get a piece of tubing 9" long with 1 1/8" bearings from BMI karts to replace the neck. Set the frame on a table and capture the angle by making a jig that holds the frame fast with the existing neck still on it, set the angle and placement and mark or affix the jig to the table and make the neck jig removable. Cut the old neck away but dont remove any material from the tubing, take your time because it's easier to take more off than to add and compromise the tubes. Then lay the new neck in attached to the jig and weld it very well. And that's how it's done.:laugh: It is nearly that easy if you have basic torch and welding skills, it's not rocket science.:thumbsup:

cemk21

At this time. I dont know. It does have the lighting coil and i will bolt it to a stand here soon and try it. got some extra parts to help. but i ride my bikes alot. they get rode every weekend in the summer alot of miles on our lake roads. I will put a clone on it if it causes to much pain.

It looks like someone has saved you alot of trouble welding the neck back on. It also looks like the previous owner was a little rough on the bike. Make Frank an offer and get that machine back in shape so you can enjoy it. The neck and shocks are probably hard to find?

Good luck with the restore,

TT