muskin CAT "Tiger" Decal for Reproduction

I am in search of any original muskin CAT "Tiger" decals, high resolution scans (600 ppi or above on flatbed scanner), or original ads containing the "Tiger" for reproduction purposes. I will pay premium prices for the help.

I am half way done with the layout, but need this to complete it.

Here is an example of what I need. Owner: derekbmn

Here is where I'm at:

Any help would be great!
Thanks,

cd

How long does it take to get to that point Casey ?
Depends on the condition of the original that is being reproduced. The typesetting, alteration, alignment and art for this took a couple of hours at 1600%. I try to work slow and precise. Plus, I'm always getting interrupted by bosses talking about "work" things. As if I want to stop creating and get off of OldMiniBikes.

looks good !!!....when did they switch from the old style "real" cat to that cartoony looking cat.......and add the "Muskin" ?

Last edited:
Wow..I knew it had to be more than just scanning a perfect original.:thumbsup:
Some choose the scan/print method. That is why some examples are pixelated and lack crisp detail. It is just a preference I guess. Plus, I like doing it this way. I can make signs, banners, decals, or whatever I want when I'm through.

(Example)
To me, scan/print is like taking a dollar bill out of your pocket and scanning it, then trying to pass it off as real currency. Notes were/are made with plates. The most accurate way is to use a plate or recreate one. No reproduction is 100%, but why not shoot for it?

PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. COUNTERFEITING IS WRONG AND ILLEGAL. I WAS JUST USING IT AS AN EXAMPLE.

looks good....when did they switch from the old style "real" cat to that cartoony looking cat.......and add the "Muskin" ?
I'm not exactly sure of it. The earliest ad I have without the HPE is 1973. HPE sold out and the name was now "Muskin Corporation". They prob used what they had left of the early designs before all were sold as Muskin. I really don't know how all of that worked. Hard to say for sure. That is a question for Gil Losi.

Casey,I was wondering why You were interested in My avatar...The one that You show from derekbmn is like Mine from My endura wildcat...Need any pics of Mine?..:thumbsup:

Casey,I was wondering why You were interested in My avatar...The one that You show from derekbmn is like Mine from My endura wildcat...Need any pics of Mine?..:thumbsup:
I need a detailed high resolution scan. Taking images can distort the perspective of the object. That's why my best bet is purchasing one from a member and being able to scan myself. I know everyone does not have scanners. I just need the "Tiger" area. How detailed can you get a zero angle shot of it?

man that cartoony cat looks so familiar.....there was another mfg (non mini bike) that used an image just like it...... but I can't think of it.............:shrug: