MW stickers for B&S repops?

I have a 5hp briggs that was sold and labeled by Montgomery Wards, Long shot I know but does anybody know of any repop stickers for it? The warnings and info stuff are easy as they are the normal briggs but dad wants to paint it back pretty and sit it on the shelf if I decide not to use it. Being chevrolet nuts and the engine is orange he kinda likes it.

The one in the center I can most likely save but the 5hp is the one we are really looking for. Doesn't even have to be exact as long as it's close.

On another note has anybody polished the cast recoil on one of these and it turn out looking good? I know I've tried to polish some cast aluminum in the past and it's hit and miss depending on the metal mix they used. It turns out too pretty I might throw a real carb on it and slap the thing in my MW bike.

CarPlayLB

the finest stickers are from mini bike paul dot com! They are water transfer like the originals and are very nice! It's all I use on my bikes!

I have polished an aluminum recoil. They come out ok, but like you say, they have some different metals that can be a little discolored. I say do it! I will try to get a pic later for you...I think they look very acceptable polished!

First I have to get a broken bolt out of it. I snapped 2 off pulling the tins, one on that recoil and the other is the tiny one that holds the side on.:doah: I wanted to rotate the crank to pull up because I think it looks better and everything I touched went to crap.:censure: Of course the drill bit I need to drill both of the tiny things is broken. Most likely good as the way my luck was going I would have broke the extractor off in it too.

On a side note it doesn't look like I'm gonna get this blasted thing to run before we make wall art out of it. I took the carb off and its got all kinds of varnish and corroded aluminum in it and the tank is gummy. I soaked the carb all day and still can't blow any air through the pickup tubes they are gummed up so bad.

Last edited:
Wow that looks better than I expected. I'm gonna have to get that broke screw out of it and get to polishing. (thats the same way I clocked it)

Mine turns out half as good as that I might go ahead and slap it under the MW bike. Thanks

CarPlayLB

Just be careful! Maybe lightly heat up the part and hit it with some PB Blaster? I have another recoil here if you muck it up!

Just remember, start with 320, then 600, then 1000, then 1500, then 2000. When you have no fingerprints left, it will be shiny!:laugh:

I actually use an electric DA sander with 800 grit to get close, then the 1000 and 1500...then to the buffing wheel! After all that, off to witness protection!

If I muck it up I'll just give up on it and make it a wall hanger. Thanks for the offer.

Fun is smoothing and polishing an aluminum small block chevy engine block for a show truck. A few weeks there I blacked out and I'm pretty sure time was spent in a nice white jacket that tied in the back.

carefull getting the broken bolt out of the block. those tabs like to break off
Thanks, the block doesn't worry me near as much as the recoil. Sadly I haven't had time to work on it since I got it running so it's just sitting under the bench for the time being. On a good note I do soak the broken bits in oil every time I walk by it, lol.