My Baha grinds?

I have read a few old threads of people with the same on here. Idles great, can ride slow no grinding. When I’m going maybe 10 km it sounds like rocks grinding, real bad. When I’m up to speed it goes away. It’s a baha with a power fist 6.5. Just wondering if any of these guys got it figured out. New chain, clutch looks good. No idea. Loosing my mind. Help!!!!

Augiedoggie

Verify correct pitch chain is being used. Check drive wheel bearing for looseness or roughness. Check sprocket alignment carefully. Should be perfectly parallel within 1/32" Rotate drive wheel and Check chain tension at several points in wheel rotation. Sprocket runout can require adjusting chain tension to correct slack point at tightest point in rotation.

Triley41395

I have read a few old threads of people with the same on here. Idles great, can ride slow no grinding. When I’m going maybe 10 km it sounds like rocks grinding, real bad. When I’m up to speed it goes away. It’s a baha with a power fist 6.5. Just wondering if any of these guys got it figured out. New chain, clutch looks good. No idea. Loosing my mind. Help!!!!
In your previous thread about the same problem you stated you were going to post pictures of your setup. Then you ghosted us. If you really want some help you have to help us,post some pics of the setup. I have the same bike with basically the same setup and no problems.

Hi mini bikers. Yes to the last comment. I did post this same question months ago. Tried to put pictures up. I’m no good at technology so I gave up. Wife helped me tonight. Here’s the bike with the crazy grinding problem. Idles great , only at a low speed while riding it grinds. When ripping on it , it goes away and sounds great. I’m lost.

Triley41395

Hi mini bikers. Yes to the last comment. I did post this same question months ago. Tried to put pictures up. I’m no good at technology so I gave up. Wife helped me tonight. Here’s the bike with the crazy grinding problem. Idles great , only at a low speed while riding it grinds. When ripping on it , it goes away and sounds great. I’m lost.
Your bike looks great. Maybe someone will see something I don't. What I do see is a little chain rash on the fender which could be the problem but from your pictures I kind of doubt it because it looks to have plenty of clearance. And even though I don't see it in the pictures make sure that the bolts holding the sprocket on are not rubbing the inside of the axle mount. Are you sure it's coming from that side and not the brake side?
Screenshot_20230909_044934_Chrome.jpg

As stated earlier, remove the chain, put the bike on a block and spin everything until you find it. While your chain is off, drop it in a bowl of oil.
PS. Those tires make noise on pavement.

Is it actually a grinding sound ?

Could it be a squealing clutch ?

I had one on my Boonie bike that would squeal like crazy sometimes upon starting...then acted okay once engaged. I think it was probably under lubricated. :)

Thanks everyone. I will check those bolts. And I did have it up on the table with the chain off. There’s no grinding. At all. It sounds like it’s in the motor. But goes away when up to speed. Only grinds when going slow. And when I say grinding, it’s nuts. Crazy grinding. It’s definitely metal on metal.

Triley41395

Thanks everyone. I will check those bolts. And I did have it up on the table with the chain off. There’s no grinding. At all. It sounds like it’s in the motor. But goes away when up to speed. Only grinds when going slow. And when I say grinding, it’s nuts. Crazy grinding. It’s definitely metal on metal.
You said that you bought a new chain, did you buy it from the same place that you bought the first one? If you got it from the same place weather it was a local retailer or online I'd try a different chain from a different supplier. I'm guessing it's a factory doodlebug sprocket but if it's not someone a few months back bought a new sprocket that the tooth pitch was slightly off which caused chain problems. You might take the clutch off and make sure there is no excessive wear on the gear.

Nope chain has slack. And no the kick stand is not ground down. Haha. It’s a new chain , sprockets are perfect. Clutch has be pulled apart and oiled. Looks great. It really sounds like something in the motor. But only at low speed. I found on line a guy with the identical problem. He even put a video on there. But never heard what the fix was

And to the guy about the motor on the bench. No you can lift the rear up and rip on it and no grinding. Only when someone is on the bike. Even my son and he’s only 60 pounds

It sounds like something catching. Like if a bolt backed off and would catch on other steel part. Crazy loud. You would hear it 200 feet away it’s that loud.

Is it possible one of your starter fingers is not retracting all the way? There is a metal cup inside your recoil starter and there are two little fingers that come out and hit the starter cup in the flywheel when you pull the rope. The fingers sometimes don't retract like they should. I'm guessing.

You know what. That’s actually not a bad idea. And when I bought the bike the guy said he had got it from a friend because it had an issue and he found out it had something to do with the pull cord assembly. So he fixed it. I never thought anymore about it. Could this go away if I’m givin it on the bike?

....goes away when up to speed. Only grinds when going slow. And when I say grinding, it’s nuts. Crazy grinding. It’s definitely metal on metal.
Here's my next hypothesis / guess.

Perhaps a bad rear wheel bearing on one side only. I'm thinking the side without the sprocket.

Noisy when rolling slow perhaps even causing something metal to hit something metal...but up to speed is placing less stress on that bad bearing and things are back in line with nothing hitting anything?