My Bird Duck Restore

I'll try to post some pictures. I bought this on e-Bay for $61.00
At this point I'm 3/4 done. I'm still looking for the "rite" FORKS and I need the seat recovered.
Engine is a briggs raptor racing engine. should make about 7HP conservatively on pump gas.

few more pics of build

I really don't have these in any sequence. I'll just post them as I find them on my PC. And I'll ad new ones once I get the forks and seat.

Forks came today, Mods for fork install

I gave up looking for the "correct" forks for my bird, I bought these from a guy. I think there old Charger forks? I cut the lower triple tree off so I can relocate it for the rake and width between tree's that I needed. I also removed the fender mount. I stripped them down and mocked them up on my bird tonight. "get it mocking bird"<-------ha ha

Anyways I please with the rake and profile or the bike. I'll weld them up in the next couple of days and post some more pics. I must say cutting the triple tree off was a job. Trying to cut just the welds and not the rubes was a XXXX But this way at will be right. have some adjustability. And will not be messing with shimms ot the neck

Seat build

Just cut the seat down about a inch in the back and two inches in the front. I used a thermal hunting seat for a pad because I wanted it low. Recovered with vinyl, in red. I'm happy with it. Its not like some of the ones I've seen on here, but I did it. And it only cost about $2.00 in vinyl,,,,,, Plus $50.00 in gas looking for a fabric store.

Picture of complete bike, almost

The bike is done with the exception of exhaust. I'm not sure of what I'm going to do with it. It's either going stright out the back or I'll run a pipe down and exit out the side? But it is just about done.

Damn dude. that thing is nice! Id probually just go strate back for the exhaust. But if you have a tube bender or some real nice pre bent pipe, I think you should atleast try to make it come out and down to the side....kinda like a harley. Good luck with it, it looks damn good.

Thanks guys. I'm happy with it. I put the exhaust on, I used a straight 20" go kart header. I'll post a pick when I get the time. My daughter was riding it last night and it will fly. I am having a problem though... There is NO clearance between the plug and the frame tube. After she rode it for a little it started firing through the plug boot and arching off of the frame. The engine has a thin "shim" head gasket and I indexed the plug with the thinnest shim I could and, I have the engine all the way forward. I have maybe a couple of thousandth between the frame and plug boot. I'm surprised but now and then it arcs? I'm going to try a silicon plug boot and I may remove the "hi top" hot coil and put a stock one on it.
Randy

Exhaust Pictures

This is the photo of the straight header. I wrapped it with header wrap to try to keep some heat off the carb. I'm happy with it and it sounds like a hot rod.
We can only bend up too 7/8,,,, and them from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2....... So straight it is.........

Randy, try a stubby spark plug, your local hardware store or maybe Auto zone, their base is about half the size, then if that don't work try to insulate the frame tube with some rubber fuel line, in the troubled area.
dave

Yeah, try the short plug of the same number and try some rubber sheets to wrap the under side or just put a little rubber shield on the plug wire. :wink: