my current battle

I bought this one new when I was a kid.... lots of saving and saving. after the Briggs gave up I had back halved the kart and went with a solid live axle and installed a honda 350. finished HS and life took off before I knew it the kart sat outside for many years very close to being finished.

now my kids are getting to the age where they can drive karts so I decided to bring it back to what it once was. so far I removed all the angle iron and re welded the rear frame back to its original shape, I then turned new axle ends so they fit into the original axle tube and welded the one side on.

What about the engine?

I have honda clone 5.5 that has NEVER been ran but that will need a longer keyed crank to work. I think I have a 8hp briggs but I have to wait until this weekend to find out what it really is.

I guess this was called the red kart :blink:

well I ended up with two briggs engines. used the two to make one that is correct for the kart. its a briggs 5hp model 135212 type 0006 01 now says so on the blower housing thanks to the one donor. ended up with a mini bike in the search for an engine. I will put the other engine together as your regular run of the mill 5hp briggs and sell that kart. hop to get what I paid for it and nothing more.