My dad's 68 rupp XL-500

We found some rupp handel bars, the ones on it weren't original. We had to drill new holes for the handel bars. After we made the holes we filled the old holes.

Last edited:
We are going to clean up the engine because the paint is in good condition. We are going to paint the fenders black. We are thinking about painting the steel part of the rims black and painting the turbine part like my go powers. We are not sure what we are going to do as far as painting the tank. Any sugestion, comments and questions are welcome.

Well we got the frame assembled, re painted the engine, and painted the rims. The rims were painted black and silver. We used stainless lugnuts. The handle bars look great, they were crome painted. And we did repaint the engine.

It looks look great, I wish I had my old ones around! My son and I are almost ready to paint his. We got a springer saddle today and as soon as the last weld is cool we are prepping it for paint!

I'm getting ready to paint my 72 scrambler, and I'll be happy if mine comes out looking half as good as yours. Very nice job.