My First; doodlebug engine swap

I just found an old reflective street sign in someones trash. Pretty darn thick material I think aluminium or tin. Should make for a good clutch guard. Will update as time passes.
Back in the day I used to make ninja stars outa those....ahhhhhh the smell of burning reflective tape as my hacksaw ripped through it......multi purpose I guess!! :laugh::hammer::thumbsup:

capguncowboy

If you're riding your bike that fast, you should first and foremost be wearing safety gear.

Secondly, if your tire is expanding at 40mph, then it's probably not rated for that speed. I suggest finding a tire that is, or it could blow out -- and I'd imagine that bike would be difficult to control on a flat rear tire, and impossible to control if you lost the front.

I learned this the hard way years ago on a go kart with mower tires on the front. Luckily, I escaped unhurt but it could have easily been catastrophic.

If you're riding your bike that fast, you should first and foremost be wearing safety gear.

Secondly, if your tire is expanding at 40mph, then it's probably not rated for that speed. I suggest finding a tire that is, or it could blow out -- and I'd imagine that bike would be difficult to control on a flat rear tire, and impossible to control if you lost the front.

I learned this the hard way years ago on a go kart with mower tires on the front. Luckily, I escaped unhurt but it could have easily been catastrophic.
I couldn't agree more I blew a tire on my go cart once but was able to recover not a fun time dragging it back home. Yes and yes done and done on the safety gear.
Thanks for the concern and your story one can never be too careful or too much of a big dumb to not implement safety into an inherently dangerous activity.

Back in the day I used to make ninja stars outa those....ahhhhhh the smell of burning reflective tape as my hacksaw ripped through it......multi purpose I guess!! :laugh::hammer::thumbsup:
Wow I hadn't even thought of doing that. I used to use electrical outlet conduit covers for small stars and old satellite dishes for really big stars. I was one of those 13 year olds who got a rotary cutting tool for Christmas. I love to recycle!

Last edited: