My Neighbor...

...was making a bunch of noise in his front yard with a chainsaw and chipper this morning. Seizing the opportunity I quickly got out my minibike and rode it around for awhile. I figured no one would hear me over his machines in our normally quiet neighborhood. Worked out real nice. :)

Haha! Used to do that too when I was younger and the gardeners next door would show up. I generally try to do my mini-biking at a time when everyone might be at work, so not evenings, saturdays or sundays to avoid complaints.

My currently operating Doodle Bug has the stock setup (stock muffled pipe box), for the most part, on a 212 Hemi Predator, and is not very loud. So, riding at night, which is pretty much the only time I ride it, is not an issue. I've left the engine mostly stock because, as it is, the bike is plenty fast. I've gotten it up to 30mph before running out of runway, so it may go just a wee bit faster.

Another consideration is that the bike is, well, about the dang SIZE of Doodle Bug, so achieving wind-burn speeds on it is NOT a priority. While we all know that 30mph ain't that fast - I can drink a six-pack faster than that - on the back of a "Roly Poly," 30 feels like 90 when I'm on my Harley. True story.

I should also mention that, having ridden horses (since I was 2) and motorcycles (since age 4), I've had my fair share of bad accidents (shattered knee in a rodeo and broke my C1 and T4 in Baja, MX on my XR600R, to name a couple), so I'm not looking to trade my two-wheeled toys for a wheelchair!

That said, the Bug will be my quiet little neighborhood cruiser. I am in the process of transforming a Murray Track 2 into a Ratrod style bobber/chopper and plan to eventually put all the mods on it, so it'll end-up being faster, but I'm mainly going for the louder sound to "fit" the look of the finished product.

It just occurred to me WHY a couple of my friends always ask me, "Is this gonna be a long story?" LOL

PatrickCraik

We would just punish the miserable old pricks that called the cops on us. My next door neighbor was one. I have one today,whiney,junk collector,called on my Son and friends a couple of times years ago. I returned the favor by calling the Township about all of his shit in the driveway and yard. They made him clean up a couple of times. I let him know it was me. My grandchildren ride a few times a year these days,no cops ever show up.

I guess I live in a shit hole...as there are more crack heads with their back packs riding those motorized bicycles here than cars it seems like so the cops don’t even care about an old man and his minibikes.....never see neighbors since they opened up the halfway house down the street...so I pretty much have free run to ride up and down my street...any time of day...I did see on one of those Chinese yellow things with a crackhead attached to it with his backpack (here backpack on a grown man is a sign of drug dealer and thief)on going down a state route on the berm with cars doing 70 next to him...no ones cares here anymore..

PatrickCraik

I guess I live in a shit hole...as there are more crack heads with their back packs riding those motorized bicycles here than cars it seems like so the cops don’t even care about an old man and his minibikes.....never see neighbors since they opened up the halfway house down the street...so I pretty much have free run to ride up and down my street...any time of day...I did see on one of those Chinese yellow things with a crackhead attached to it with his backpack (here backpack on a grown man is a sign of drug dealer and thief)on going down a state route on the berm with cars doing 70 next to him...no ones cares here anymore..
I hope you have ccw,Anything nice is fair game to them.