My new clutch for the GX390 :D

Kind of curious as to why a 20 (?) tooth sprocket with what appears to be 35 pitch chain. I would think that you would want a smaller sprocket and a larger ie: stronger chain like 420 at minimum. Just asking.

Kind of curious as to why a 20 (?) tooth sprocket with what appears to be 35 pitch chain. I would think that you would want a smaller sprocket and a larger ie: stronger chain like 420 at minimum. Just asking.
the reason he is running a 20 tooth clutch sprocket is so that he has more top end speed.

as far as the number 35 chain it is fine as long as he is using a racing chain. :thumbsup:

Updated Jammer Tomahawk 4 disc 1" bore.

haha dang how much u got in that clutch ? 500+ ? we had a jammer hammer 3 disk on one of our open dirt karts last season and that sucker cost us 365 new. i didn't even know jammer made a 1 inch bore clutch. did you have it custom made ?

I got a deal on 2 tomahawk clutches and a Clements H50 billet rod :) Then bought about $350 in parts to completely rebuild it and update it. The levers on the original were tiny and a few of them were bent, so I got the monster levers lol.

Bob over at Jammer said they would buy the other one back for like $75 bucks if I wanted to sell it, so we'll see. could turn out to be a nice clutch for < $300

It has a 17 tooth sprocket, I run a 56 tooth rear sprocket and I currently have a jackshaft if I need to change ratios ;) I need to get a taller rear tire though. Them 12" tall kart tires just kill my speeeeeed. Looking at getting a 15x6x8 micro sprint tire. Once you start getting the 18" tall tires for junior dragsters and other cars the section width can get pretty big.

Oh yea and I use EK Silver Pro Chain, haven't had a problem yet. We'll see if anything falls apart when this thing hits.

Last edited:
finally someone else playing with gx390's :thumbsup:i was running a gx390 w/noram 17t clutch,70t rear sprocket 14 inch tires on doodlebug .I never had nerves or room enough to reach top speed,what are you going to put that beast on?a bike i hope

Its been on an extended ruttman for about a year, the one in my signature. There is also some pics in my album. Decided to get rid of the comet 40 and try a dry disc clutch. Probably modify the frame again, didn't even finish it last time and already want to modify it LOL. :hack::hack::hack:
Planned on making a vertical motor mount from the old gas tank supports to the top frame rail and putting a steering stabilizer on it but haven't got around to it yet. And changing from the foot brake master cylinder to a lever one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9yiVhxgFO4

Wish I knew someone around us with a fab shop with a lathe and mill :grind::grind::grind:

Last edited:
Im lucky enough to have all those machines at my high school, I probably know how to use them better then my teacher too haha Hes a good guy though helps me do just about anything I need on all my toys.