my new manco

Kbourne

Just purchased this little manco. I'm trying to find out year made. Serial number on bike is 1488762 and engine number is H35-452809 ser 8265B. I bought this off ebay and the seller was great to deal with. His member id is boondocks197 and i'd recommend. It has some plastic fenders that I haven't put back on yet from shipping. I plan to pull front forks back off and touch up the paint, but I couldn't wait to try out. Runs excellent. Any ideas on the year?

Kbourne

Thanks for the reply. I think dead on with it being a streaker. I've seen some manco streakers with more plastic. Maybe the guy that owned it originally removed. Any ideas on the year? The engine serial starts with 8, which I believe is the last digit in the year. 78, 88, or 98. I don't think it was made in 78 so i would put it in 88. Also the serial on the bike has a 88 in it.

Kbourne

I hesitated at first for the same reason. For me, it wasn't really what I was looking for. I wanted something "vintage", but as it turns out this little bike looks really well made and only a few spots on the forks needing touch up. Engine started on the second pull. This bike was well taken care of.