My new project. 1971 Speedway Scorpion

Picked this up yesterday along with an additional scorpion roller and a couple additional engines. I'm really excited about this project considering the bike is almost all there. The recoil is from a different engine but other than that it's pretty much complete. The roller I got with it has a few parts that are in better condition so I'll be swapping those out and the rest will be parted out to fund the restoration of this bike.

Attachments

Ding Ding

Again, nice score.

Out of curiosity, what parts were nicer that you will swapping over? At some point in time someone swapped out the standard front tire for a Moto X one, which is cool.

Again, nice score.

Out of curiosity, what parts were nicer that you will swapping over? At some point in time someone swapped out the standard front tire for a Moto X one, which is cool.
Actually the roller has a nearly new original front tire. The other thing I will be swapping is the rear shocks. The shocks on the roller had the springs painted black and I stripped one to find near perfect chrome hiding under the paint. I haven't checked the orange fenders yet so they may also have better chrome. That's about it. One thing I was happy to see on the parts bike is it has the hard to find front brake caliper in working order. Those have brought a fair amount of money on ebay.