My newest addition 1970 Lil Indian

Many of you may have seen it on eBay and being a Lil Indian addict, I just had to get it, thanks Diggers for another fix to satisfy my addiction. The bike is a 1970 Lil Indian and this one actually has a date stamped on the engine plate and thanks to having the original seat that is also dated, I can say without a doubt that it’s a 1970. I thought I would also share a group photo of my other Lil Indians ( last photo ), going from left to right, mid 67-68, 68, 69, 69, 70, 71 Cobra. The second one in from the left was my first mini ( 68 ) and is a basket case and needs a lot of attention but since it was my first mini, I can’t get rid of it. I do have most of the parts and engines to complete them all, I just need to quit buying and start building.

D91B4DA7-A1C5-45AA-8D58-227AA064B8C4.jpeg
D1FF93A9-89C8-4132-8AE8-4FE273258CEB.jpeg
5F4A7124-C32E-4939-B21C-C85F6AAC58F0.jpeg
F1572723-71D5-4A20-BA38-BD43357C67E3.jpeg

Ding Ding

Nice score and collection!

As far as quit buying and start building goes, that is difficult! I have many bikes that need completion, but that doesn't keep my from getting more. When I see the right bike, it damn near consumes me to the point where it's all I can think about. The only way to scratch that itch it to bring it to a home.

This seat was stamped where it bolts to the strap that goes across the frame. You can see the lighter area in the wood where it went over the strap. I have seen one other that was stamped towards the back behind the strap too.

Another thing to note, notice how the seat hangs behind the frame on the 1970 green bike. The reproduction seats you find on eBay like the one on the third bike in from the left (69), the seat is flush with the back of the frame. They aren't supposed to be like that, the seat bolt holes on the reproduction seats should be an inch or so further forward. I didn't actually measure it as I don't mind it not being correct for the other bike, just something to note if doing an accurate restoration.