My quickie project.

So I started with this 1981 c70 I got last year put tons on miles on since then but trans started to jump out of gear and got harder and harder to start. while tearing down I found a bad cam bent valves and lots of metal in the trans.

So I was planing to rebuild the whole motor but because its the older 1981 and not the 1982 or newer i couldn't do stroker crank etc.

fast foward to now, I found a 1960 super cub so that is my project. And the c70 is now my gf's ride.

So the guy across the street comes over and says he has a mini chopper with a broke frame for 40 bucks so I went looked and it had a 50cc clone with everything I needed for the swap!.

So I brought it home pulled the motor out and the harness and it bolted right in the c70.

Now the only thing left is to finish wiring in the old harness to the new one and modify the old intake to take the new carb and thats it.

Ok now everything is mounted. Since this bike will be used at the cabin and camping only I removed the turn signals.

So only lights will be head light and brake light.

I also got the chain installed motor all buttoned up and all that is left to get ready to ride is the intake. I no matter what intake I used I have 2 the carb would not fit so I got the smaller one in the vice and cut it in half and turned it about 10 degrees right so the carb will stick out to the right.

Got any pics of your 81 ct? I have an 81 also. I like it better than the earlier ones with all of the goofy lights and bars.
Dave the c70 in the pics is the 81. I do not have any pic's of my 1960 as I have not picked it up but I also bought a very rare 1961 Honda Trail 50 here is the only picture I could find on the net. Mine is is very bad shape but these are so rare i had to have it. I will be picking up 5 more pre 1965 honda super cub's next week for 100 a piece.

Ive got 5 lifan 110cc auto clutches on the way

scootercat

Got Yer p/m,I came by last night,but the house looked dark,and on the way home My car quit....The X came to My rescue and pushed Me home with Her car!. I had made it to Holmes and the blvd. before it died...So I'm gonna be thrashin' the trash In the driveway...LOL......Scootercat....